Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Worst smell in the world…..
  • niallmb
    Free Member

best: angle grinding metal
    worst: the crew tour bus after someone has broken the golden rule of tour busses.

Edukator
    Free Member

Worst: A knackers yard I had to take samples from one summer when the machines broke down and a mountain of dead things was left to decompose for a month or so.

Flaperon

Chicken shit ranks fairly highly for me, just below my own feet, pub urinals, and lilacs.

joeh2o
    Free Member

Butyl isocyanide is probably up there – like any small isocyanide.

An extract from a paper about it. from 1937:

Butyl isocyanide proved to be so disagreeable to manipulate that none of its physical constants except boiling point were determined. Even when a hood with an extra forced draft was used, the odor pervaded the laboratory and adjoining rooms, deadening the sense of smell and producing in the operator, and in others, severe headaches and nausea which usually persisted for several days.

For me though, the worst smell is melted cheese, for example, any pizza. Eugh. It makes me heave.

Best smell is probably cut grass, or pear drops.

iDave
    Free Member

if you think the kitchen bin may be a bit whiffy, best not open the lid and stick your face right down there….. 😐

best smell is lady bits…

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Ever attended a post mortem? That doesnt smell too fresh, to be honest.

tinribz
    Free Member

Don’t know about Subway but our dog used tug like hell and shake like a leaf if we happened to pass the extractor fan on the local Chinese take-away.

Have shoveled a fair few types shi*t before and goat’s has to be up there as the worst, although I think it might have been more of an ammonia thing, smells so bad it burns the inside of your nostrils.

_tom_
    Free Member

Burning rubber/fat/oil etc.. it makes the air go “thick” and I feel like I can’t breathe properly.

Shit in any form is always disgusting. As are farts, especially those of the guy I work with. Rancid all the time, every time! Even he’s disgusted with them.

Best smell is freshly cut grass – smells like summer 🙂 Other honorable mentions go to petrol, pine forests, gt85, curry, beer, puncture repair glue, ted baker shower gel, my Gibson SG (yes it has a smell and it’s great!), BBQ, new car etc.

LimboJimbo

Worst smell ever was a particular student basement flat in Bristol in 1998.

Best, brandy coffee immediately after getting off the last lift of the day.

allthepies
    Free Member

Worst: emma82’s farts

clubber
    Free Member

Worst: the stench of a rotting headless body on a beach in a tropical climate 😯

Best: my son’s skin when he was young (yes, cliché but it’s true).

lookmanohands
    Free Member

best: wild garlic, freshly ground coffee beans, GT85

worst: My dogs sick the other night, it smelt like fox sh1t 😯

Xylene
    Free Member

best: burning MDMA

but it’s not freebased so what would be the point?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Worst – The smell of burning human flesh when Mrs FD comes back from work isn’t particularly pleasent.

Think Mrs FD must have experienced one of the worst ever though. Imagine woman who cant get out of a chair at home so all bodily fluids come out on to chair and over body. Week later elderly husband rings for ambulance.

Ambulance crewe arrive and physically have to cut woman from chair as her lower body decays in to chair (in between them vomiting because of the stench)

Woman gets in to hospital and has to be put in isolation room as smell so bad. Mrs FD and a few others are asked if they want to see a very rare and unusual condition. Mrs FD goes and can smell the smell down the corridor before the door is even opened. Mrs FD copes just with the smell but only just. Basically the woman had been dead from the waist down for over a week, hence why she couldnt get out of the chair.

Apparently thats up there as one of the worst smells.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Puke and Poop = yukky smell.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

worst – burning human flesh in the form of diathermy in operating rooms

best – petrol 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Worst smell in the world…..’ is closed to new replies.