Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Worst line from a film ever?
  • eth3er
    Free Member
    racefaceec90

well you can't argue with that. 😀

waynekerr
    Free Member

I'll have to remember that one eth3er,

Don't know about the worst, but the best must be Arnie with,

**** you a55hole.

benji_allen
    Free Member

I think this was done on purpose for an out take. It was on that 100 funniest film moments or whatever crap they have on channel 5. Still makes me wince though. I still can't get over some of the dialogue in Transformers. I still think that's the worst film I've ever seen.

KidDynamite
    Free Member

Calling the precious material in AVATAR 'unobtainium' is pretty terrible. Surely a working title that wasn't changed?

Other than that tho its one of the best films thats been released for a while IMO

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

However,

Let off some steam, Bennett

Ouch.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

In "The Greatest Story Ever Told', John Wayne plays the Roman soldier who speared Jesus on the cross, after which, he profoundly proclaims, "Truly he was the son of God".

benji_allen
    Free Member

Unobtainium. That was pretty bad. It's made worse by the fact that so much effort has gone into the film but then there's that. 🙄

MoreCashThanDash

"Nice beaver" from Naked Gun

Purely on the basis that Swadey Jnr started at the local Beaver Cubs last week, won the prize for the "Best Behaved Beaver of the Night", rushed up to me when I picked him up to show me the cuddly toy he had won and all I could say was "Nice Beaver"

Cue death stares from all the mums, muffled yelps of laughter from all the dads.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Swadey – Genius! Love it!

joolsburger
    Free Member

There be whales here. one of the star trek films.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Not that I've seen the film, but I thought Unobtainium was (probably) a trademark of Oakley's for the sticky stuff that goes on the nose piece and ear things to stop them slippng off?

EDIT: Yes – just checked and it has a Registered Trademark after it at every mention on their website…

john_drummer
    Free Member

Calling the precious material in AVATAR 'unobtainium' is pretty terrible

and it's not even original. They used it in "The Core" too. and that was pants as well.

And we've been using it on here to describe ridiculously expensive strong and light bicycle components for years…

anyway, back on topic: "oh great, the blood sucking Brady Bunch" – The Lost Boys. Also from the same film, "death by stereo"

Jamie
    Free Member
    pegasus
    Free Member

in one of the Rambo films our hero utters the line 'do we get to win this time' as they helicopter into Vietnam….

tomzo
    Free Member

The dialogue in every steven seagal film is horrific but brilliant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM9R2h9ub8Q
    THE BLOOD BANK

porterclough
    Free Member

Not a popular choice I expect but I hate "Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate", because it's nonsense and doesn't sit well with the rest of the movie. Allegedly it was improvised by Rutger Hauer.

atlaz
    Free Member

The bit from Star Wars EP3 about 3:30 into this clip… the "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" bit made me laugh in the cinema and I wasn't alone

adamdv8
    Free Member

"Thank you, what is it?", asks guitar player Prince to his girlfriend when she hands him his christmas present….a guitar shaped box!!

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Sting during the final fight scene at the end of Dune: "And the little one? Will she deserve my special attention?" – and then does an awful gurning pantomime baddy face.

Unbearable.

adamdv8
    Free Member

In "Purple Rain" of course, I should have said!!

deft
    Free Member

Technically a line, in Jaws 2 the shark roars

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In "far and away", Tom Cruise says something along the lines of "Shannon Christie, you're a coker, y'are…."

I cringed.

samuri
    Free Member

Every single spell name in the Harry Potter films. In a way they're beautiful. For example, my sister in law's born again christian church instantly cursed all harry potter films because the spell names were on the tips of their tongues but they couldn't quite understand them so they assumed it was people talking backwards or something.

On the other hand they are so leg crossingly obvious to normal people it's like watching a particularly embarrassing laurel and hardy sketch where they constantly get jammed in a doorway for three continuous hours.

RustySpanner

"…………a particularly embarrassing laurel and hardy sketch where they constantly get jammed in a doorway for three continuous hours. "

No such thing – you're thinking of the Chuckle Brothers. 🙂

That bit at the end Four Weddings where the smug girl and the smug git are outside, soaking wet and she says "Is it still raining? I hadn't noticed."

Makes me want to kick kittens.

KidDynamite
    Free Member

Is it in dune where he says 'can you fly b*tch! can you fly!' or maybe its tremors?

atlaz
    Free Member

I'm guessing Tremors

tops5
    Free Member

Arnie in Running Man – "he had to split" when asked were one of his pursuers where after he had stuck a chainsaw up his ass etc

deluded
    Free Member

Rocky V

In a cringe-worthy scene Rocky presents his son with the Rocky Marciano golden glove necklace, originally given to him by Mickey then says "You deserve it. Thank you for being born."

Vomitous.

IdleJon

joolsburger – Member
    There be whales here. one of the star trek films.

There's Wales over 'ere as well, boyo, what of it? (sorry)

smogmonster

'No, you can be MY wingman'or something along those super cheesetastic lines. Still the best film in history though.

brakes
    Free Member

"you had me at hello" – skinny pucker-faced bint in Jerry Maguire

that scene encapsulates everything I hate about how US filmakers portray love and romance and how women soak it all up

j-cru
    Free Member

+1 for 'you had me at hello' puke-a-tronic

busydog
    Free Member

Don't think the word unobtanium is very new.
    I seem to recall that about 20 years ago, when bikemakers and others were trying to get their hands on titanium to fabricate frames and other applications, it was referred to as "unobtanium" because the major world militaries were using up all that could be produced at the time and there was very little available for anyone else.

Wookster

That Bloody john wayne film in ireland "top of the morning to ya" No one says it in ireland no one…yet its the first greeting you get!!!

edhornby

unobtanium was used by oakley for one of their products – the grippy stuff on the arms IIRC

ok, hilariously bad line…

'Put the bunny back in the box' ladies and Gentlemen, the one and only Con Air

eth3er
    Free Member
    millsonwheels
    Free Member

Arnie in Running Man – "he had to split" when asked were one of his pursuers where after he had stuck a chainsaw up his ass etc

i love a good Arnie line. I like the one in Predator where they storm the compound and Arnie throws a huge knife through someone, pinning him against a wooden pillar: "Stick arouuuuund!".

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Worst line from a film ever?’ is closed to new replies.