Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • worst hour of sleep to miss?
  • Yardley_Hastings
    Free Member

It seems my 11 week old daughter is running a scientific experiment into sleep deprivation and its effects on 41yr old males, slightly flawed methodology since she only has a sample size of 1 but we can pass over that given her tender years

any opinion as to which hour or so of sleep is the worst one to miss out on? 01:30 – 02:30 hurt a bit this morning, particularly when I had to be up at 6 to ride to the station for a train which was cancelled, could be one of those expresso type days

IanMunro
    Free Member

The one after when I have to get up 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

Sound proofed room, shut door, ignore til morning.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Pfft – wait til the teeth start coming through, esp when they get a bit older and really work out how to scream….

BB – dad of 14 month old, not had an unbroken nights sleep in 3 months….

Drac

WTF?

I went to be at 1.30 the youngest woke 5 mins later with a headache, she has a heavy cold, Calpol given then back to bed. 2 am she woke coughing and wanting a drink, coughe medcine and apple juice prescribed. 3 am She started coughing again and was sick in her hair, cleaned and settled by about 4am.

I'm still awake.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I usually wake up 3 or 4 times in a night anyway, what's the issue?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Drac – having heard the 'cough…. cough….. cough….. blahhhhhhh' noise a few times already in babyBB's short life, I feel your pain…. 🙁

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

No kids but finished work at 7pm went for a swift half with a few of the guys. Got to the hotel about 2am. Internet until 4am when I realised I had an 8:30 presentation to do. 5:30am finished the presentation. Up at 7:30 to get to the office.

Just finished the meeting. I managed to stay awake for my bit of the presentation.

Yardley_Hastings
    Free Member

lordy, what have i let myself in for?????

familiar with the nightclub – PC – work scenario, never a good situation to find yourself in, although can lead to creative use of powerpoint

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

My 27 month old has developed a habit of walking in to me at 1/2am and asking to watch cartoons, then when I explain that it's too late we have the battle of wills begin!

How long does she have to cry and scream before I give in? A long time these days, if she wins my life is over so we go on and on with the crying and the explanations, then i start asking if she's finished with the screaming as she's not watching cartoons, eventually i ask if she's quite finished, she says yes, rolls over and goes to sleep, sheesh!

Last night was the first in a long time she's gone to sleep and not tried it on!

Drac

Drac – having heard the 'cough…. cough….. cough….. blahhhhhhh' noise a few times already in babyBB's short life, I feel your pain..

I've finished yesterday morning so last night was easy as still in nighshift mode.

Both my kids sleep all night normally and have done since 12 weeks old.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Drac – yes mine too (was doing 14 hours from 4 months, so you win ;-)….. but she got a D+V bug for a couple of weeks a few months ago and hasn't really got back into the habit again. I don't mind her being up so much – it's just we thoguht we'd 'cracked it', but things seem to be even more unpredictable (and louder) than when she was a newborn.

aviemoron
    Free Member

Well, having had the last year of undisturbed sleep, our 4 year old woke up crying, sweaty and well bothered @ 2 am the other night. Settled him then the 2 year old woke up, eventually all quiet by 4! Huge shock to the system after so many months of peace.

scaredypants

flawed methodology since she only has a sample size of 1 but we can pass over that given her tender years

LOL – she's part of a massive collaborative international study, matey

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Still got no kids but just remembered another occaision when I was woken by the phone at 10am on a Sunday morning. Fekin nightmare, it was a wrong number too!!!

Sheesh my life is bad, you lot with kids don't know how lucky you have it.

😉

sofatester
    Free Member

Last night was the first in a long time she's gone to sleep and not tried it on!

Lucky bugger, i wish my Wife was like that*!

*I have no Wife but for the sake of this cheap gag i do.

jimmy

Worst HOUR to miss? Any, and that goes for minutes, too.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘worst hour of sleep to miss?’ is closed to new replies.