Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Worst customer service ever (car accident saga continue)
  • molgrips
    Free Member

So my car was crashed into bout 2 months ago, car was driveable but garage said not to, insurance companies fannied about, garage fannied about, and so on. They said I could have a rental car, great, turns out two weeks later that I’m only allowed a rental car for two weeks – no-one ever said that. So I give it back – ok whatever, my car’s pretty much driveable. I complained but the guy says call back when the car’s going in

After waiting weeks for the report from the insurers so I could take my car to them, I finally get it at the end of June, so I go to the garage and book it in, it goes in on Monday.

So I call the company again and she says no, because I’ve already had my two weeks of car rental. She complained about my garage being slow (like that’s my problem) and that it’s not possible to give me another car cos I only get two weeks. Flat out refused to discuss it. Made out that it was entirely my fault that my car wasn’t fixed immediately. Wtf? You’re the ones who insisted on sending someone round to look at it AND you’re the ones who took ages to send me a friggin letter.

Flat out the worst I have ever been treated by a company. I’m not being in any way unreasonable, and now I’m out of pocket with f’kin nothing, and they don’t give the smallest of sh*ts.

I’m f’kin shaking now.. can’t believe I’ve just been spoken to like that by someone in a professional capacity!

sobriety
    Free Member

Phone them back. Try again. You might speak to someone who isn’t a **** (but given that it’s the insurance industry, that’s unlikely)

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Don’t take it personally OP.

She is trained to speak to people like that.

Check your policy book details too and if nothing is there about two weeks then sure demand one.

My car was written off and hence no courtesy or free loan car (which was added to the policy).

They settled straight away and cancelled my policy.

Welcome to car insurance claims.

You could complain to the insurance ombusdman?

retro83
    Free Member

I’m in a similar position. Seriously thinking about billing the bastards for my wasted time.

I also found out today that by ‘up the road’ to my ‘approved repairer’ means the other end of the friggin country. Nobheads, insisted on using the closest garage to me to save costs, who then transport the thing 500 miles away. Now I apparently have to wait until the transporter is full before they’ll bring it back. Meanwhile i’m accuring hire car charges which I’m nervious about the 3rd party wriggling out of playing.

The whole thing has been a shower of shite, start to finish. The accident? One panel on my car dented whilst parked. Utter shambles.

molgrips
    Free Member

Germany, so UK laws don’t apply. No idea what the German laws are but it seems shocking that they can limit my replacement car. They surely must compensate me for however **** long it takes?

Also it’s not MY company it’s theirs. So they don’t even care about keeping my business.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Nice blonde…the female on the right… 😛

molgrips
    Free Member

**** heavily pregnant wife who’s poorly and has to deal with a toddler as well. Thanks a **** bunch 🙁 So upset.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ask to speak to her manager

as i said in the other thread – why should you be out of pocket because SHE crashed into you !

molgrips
    Free Member

What would I say to her manager?

“Give me a car please”
    “No”
    “Please?”
    “No, tough sht now go away”

They don’t all speak English and I don’t speak enough German which makes it hard for me.

derp
    Free Member

Given your current location, shouldn’t the thread topic be ‘Wurst Customer Service Ever’?

IGMC.

trail_rat
    Free Member

explain the situation – how youd be quite happily driving round in your car and that it wasnt a fault of yours that means your now without a car – so why should you be without a car ….

infact – go find a friendly german TJ and get him to explain german insurance law – surely zee germans cannot be so blind as to not allow you to be in a position that you wouldnt have been in pre crash !

wtf is the point in insurance if that is the case ?

molgrips
    Free Member

Wurst service is better… ask for a sausage, get a sausage.

molgrips
    Free Member

explain the situation – how youd be quite happily driving round in your car and that it wasnt a fault of yours that means your now without a car – so why should you be without a car ….

That’s exactly what I did, she didn’t give a toss. I didn’t start off upset. I dunno about Germans in general but this company (Aioi Nissay Dowa) don’t seem to agree that insurance is about compensating me.

Gonna try the garage on Monday when I took the car in. The guy there is nice and agrees that they should compensate me fully i.e. with a car.

Technically I could sue the driver, which would be very un-nice, or I could claim off my own insurance company and get them to chase up. Could screw my NCB tho.

Flaperon

I have to pay extra on my policy to get a hire car if mine is written off or stolen, or to have one for longer than two weeks. Who are you insured with?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m insured via a broker in Swansea, underwritten by Axa.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Worst customer service ever (car accident saga continue)’ is closed to new replies.