Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • World War z
  • specialdrifter
    Free Member

Only loosley based on the book, but wow does this look good!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwTxRuq-uk[/video]

colournoise

Looks merely OK. After all the money and time they’ve thrown at it (possibly including reshooting large bits of it after one of the rewrites) I was expecting something more.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I was looking forward to this but it looks like they’ve done a “walking dead” and taken a good original story and hollywoodised it.

GregMay
    Free Member

Have to say I thought the book was a bit crap.

PrinceJohn

Looks awful – what’s with the horns? Did they have some left over from the Prometheus trailer?

I was looking forward to this, I quite enjoyed the book & given that some was filmed locally to me was quite excited, then I heard it had been delayed for re-shoots & then I heard a certain Damon Lindelhof has had a hand in the script I fully expect it to be bobbins….

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Mega fast zombies! What’s not to like.

tazzymtb

Mega fast zombies!

nah zombies are the shuffling dead, it’s fact that you can run, but they’ll get you eventually that makes ’em scary.

maccruiskeen

They managed to make George Square in Glasgow look….. a lot like George Square in Glasgow 🙂

PrinceJohn

Mega fast zombies! What’s not to like.

Mega fast zombies. Where’s the fear? Where’s the slow inevitable build up of dread that no matter what you do where you go they’ll get you eventually…

Harry_the_Spider

It looks pretty good to me.

chvck
    Free Member

Was looking forward to it but looks like they’ve managed to ruin it. Oh well.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

nah zombies are the shuffling dead, it’s fact that you can run, but they’ll get you eventually that makes ’em scary.

You make a good point and in the standard zombie folklore you’re right, but the scenes with the zombies clambering over one another like ants gives me the willies.

In the walking dead or dawn of the dead you’d be safe once you’d made it inside a compound of some sort but with these fellas it doesn’t matter how high a wall you build eventually they will just come over the top and eat your brains.

mikey74
    Free Member

Looks good? I think it looks a bit pants. I’ve never been convinced by the fast zombie thing: A pander to the low attention spans of modern audiences me thinks, and nowhere near as scary.

The spesh effects look poo, too.

Edit: For the record: I’m a fan of the book.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Looks a bit meh, but I’ll probably try it on a flight somewhere.

allthepies
    Free Member

Any phool knows zombies ain’t fast 🙄

willard

28 Days Later – not really undead. Just really, REALLY AAAAANGRY! infected people. Zombies are undead innit?! How can dead bodies move fast? Dead muscles can’t move that fast…

Looks big budget, but a miss. I’ll way until I see it before being more disappointed. Like I was after Batlle: Los Angeles

Harry_the_Spider

but I’ll probably try it on a flight somewhere

Do you travel with your job? Do tell 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂 @ HTS! It’s the only place I get to see films these days! And I usually choose utter tripe!

Apart from Bond films, as I always find time to go to the cinema for a Bond film.

steveoath
    Free Member

heehee. George square.

maccruiskeen

its funny isn’t it – I went down to George Square just after they’d fimed the truck crash. When they were filming and looking around they’d done a really good job, it really looked like an american city. But on screen…. it looks exactly like George Square

steveoath
    Free Member

That’s the magic of hollwood innit!?

flyingmonkeycorps

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2y7on8WKjY[/video]

glupton1976
    Free Member

Heehee – Grangemouth…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘World War z’ is closed to new replies.