Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • World Champs bikes (any other pics)
  • tails
    Free Member

Theres some very trick bikes out in Aus

Gee's bike not to different

Peaty with his patriotic colours, not as nice as normal SC imo

Lovin the emerald green on the spesh teams

This is getting alot of press, especially as rennie is back 😀

My personal fav barels moondraker

hugh_b
    Free Member

loving the look of the commencal. I know the air shocks have been in testing for quite some time but are they actually running them in race runs/qualifying now? What's the handlebar mounted lever running to the rear shock on gee's bike likely to be? Some kind of on the fly adjustment?

Hugh

rolfharris
    Free Member

Gee is running a bar lockout for the pedally bits!

hugh_b
    Free Member

ah cool! Sounds like the airshock will be run in the race/qualifying then.

Every-time i look at those fox forks i want a set of floats for my meta….there just so pretty! 🙂 😳

tails
    Free Member

yeah gee and a couple of others are running air shocks the 4X track looks interesting as well check out the bungle bungles on vital mtb

mAx_hEadSet

I had the luck to ride gee's, stannies and a couple of others world cup bikes down the restaurant staircase at a continental world cup last year when they were having a ' I've got the plushest fox 40's" contest I still cant get over just how plush the forks are and had great difficulty in deciding who's was the plushest, certainly a lot better than an out of the showroom oem set.

hugh_b
    Free Member

yeah their suspension is no where near standard. A lad on another forum purchased one of their team 4x bikes. The bolt through floats that came on it weighed about 1200-1300g i seem to remember 😯

dasnut
    Free Member

lockout in a downhill race?
    doesn't this question exactly how "downhill" this track is?

some of the riders don't seem too happy about it (see dirt website for videos)

it would seem the primary reason for all the changes is to save weight. I guess we'll see on the day who benefits most.

bring on schladming

tails
    Free Member

yeah dasnut apparently the course is better than last yeah but still actually has a slight uphill in it! The UCI and whoever else is behind this needs to get the act together or leave the sport imo, and I'm sure this can't be a sponsers decision

chvck
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Need to get some red bolts on my Matchmakers as well….!

Dougal
    Free Member

Tails – Are you 12?

Lockout just seems to be a natural progression to me, means you get a very responsive shock where you need it, and a solid platform for stomping on as you get to the line etc. Might just be pro-pedal.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

read somewhere that it doesn't lock it out, just makes it a lot stiffer. either way – why not? better pedalling where you need it, and perhaps lets the suspension designs work better where there isn't pedalling, as they aren't so concerned with losing pedalling efficiency.

dasnut
    Free Member

more likely sponsors getting to try stuff on a not very downhill course IMO

lets see the lockout used at champery….

Sim

IIRC Honda had a similar system for courses like Willingen which were short and relatively smooth. Useful for getting a good gate start I imagine.

mikey3
    Free Member

Bit of a stupid question as i am completly skint but how much would the commencal cost and can you buy them off the peg.Not that my riding could ever justify a bike like that but its nice to dream.

dasnut
    Free Member

not the "same" bike (athertons will be full custom geometry etc.) but it looks like it supreme DH team

only £4K

mudhound
    Free Member

Not sponsors or you'd have seen all this stuff last year for W Cup round, anyway bottom flows better so 2 V10s will top podium

mudhound
    Free Member

Minaar 2nd I hope

tails
    Free Member

mikey your looking at £5000 for an off the peg 2010 and £2000 for the frame only, although it seems to come with a few bits on it, thats what it says on the importers website. Still if you can find the below for cheaper its ready to race

tails
    Free Member

Dougal whilst gee has as good a chance as anyone of winning there, if its such a 'amazing' idea why are barel, peaty, minnaar, hill not using it, any downhill track that you can use a lockout type device on is not up to world class level. Still you keep telling your mates how good it is when the juniors are whipping you on the downs. 😉

Rickos
    Free Member

Tails – have you seen Barels bike? He's got single crown Fox 36's on it and it's not the full DH frame either. Hill and Brendog are using SX Trails, not Demos. Loads of them are trying something different. Have you seen a video of the course? Go and look at Dirtmag and check the helmet cam. The last section into the finish is smooth and flat and very, very pedally and seems to be 200m long or more. Lockout on Gee's bike is for this bit and others (Fionn Griffiths) have a similar thing. Yeah, it's not a great course in the whole scheme of things, but it's still gonna be a great world champs and the new stuff people are trying out is still interesting.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘World Champs bikes (any other pics)’ is closed to new replies.