Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Workstands at Lidl
  • plumber
    Free Member

Got my workstand this morning 8 am – chunky and looks very good for the money

Bought the panniers too but seem very cheap – which it to be expected

GSI-MAN
    Free Member

Bought one today at another lidl store as my local one had sold 40 in the first 3 hours so i had to drive to the next town(only 8 miles away)and got the last one.
    If you buy the Daily Express paper there is a voucher in there which will save you £5 when you spend over £30.
    Bargain.

timothecimmerian

There was one left (after I got one) at the Redditch store about an hour ago… HTH

steelfan
    Free Member

Just bought mine at Clapham Junction. They have about 8 left.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

None in Camberley 🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Pah!

None left in Limehouse. Apparently they’d sold out by lunchtime. 🙁

Ah well.

Got some panniers; require a bit of ‘self assembly’ (and swearing) to get the plastic stiffeners in (not absolutely necessary really), obviously not up to the standards of Altura, Ortleib etc, but a fraction of the price. Perfect for shopping which is why I bought them, and the odd short trip, although I wouldn’t trust them for a long trip. Two side panniers, and a large bag which clips onto the top. Bloody bargain imo; I’ll be able to do a week’s shopping in one go now! Would be good to use carrier bags as liners. Stretchy rain cover is a bonus.

Got a tool pouch, some socks, a pair of warm gloves and a computer. Bargainacious!

LiDLs rocks! Cheapskates of STW unite! 😀

bigbob38
    Free Member

Got mine in the second store i visited before 9.30! The first store had sold all 15 they were sent, 4 left when I went to the second shop… none by the time i walked out 😯

Had some fun with the bike in it today…. brill for £30!

allthepies
    Free Member

Well what a surprise….

Clicky

I suppose £46 posted isn’t *that* much of a p*ss take markup.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

The lidl one has got 4 legs, the ebay one looks different.

In all honesty, its worth about 30 quid. The plastic fixings don’t look like they’ll last long, and the rotating clamp twists round of its own accord it the bike isn’t ‘balanced’ if that makes sense.

The merlin/wiggle one for 65 ish quid is probably better quality.

As with most cheap stuff, its worth what it costs, but its okay given i probably won’t use it that much.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

As with most cheap stuff, its worth what it costs

This much is true. ‘You get what you pay for’.

Thing is, some of the cheaper places expose a lot of bike stuff for the overpriced tat that it really is. I refuse on principle to buy stuff in bike shops, unless it’s in a sale or I really like it. I swear by Decathlon stuff; just as good and often half the price. I’ve had ‘big name’ stuff that’s been very disappointing. For what you pay, the quality just doesn’t justify the price. I’ve said this before; cycling has in some ways become a bit of a rip-off activity; people expect to pay a certain amount, because companies expect people to pay it. LiDLs, ALDI, Decathlon (even On-One/Planet X etc) prove that biking can be enjoyed without such colossal expense all the time.

Still; loads of overpriced stuff means that people like Ton and Hora will have bargains to pass onto the cheapskates amongst us… 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

The lidl one has got 4 legs, the ebay one looks different.

Fourth leg hidden but is there, would be a crazy design with three legs not in an evenly spaced (tripod) arrangement.

It’s the same stand.

neninja
    Free Member

the rotating clamp twists round of its own accord it the bike isn’t ‘balanced’ if that makes sense.

I sorted that problem with a few turns of electrical tape and some carbon seatpost grip stuff.

For the amount I use a stand it should last well and it has a 3 year guarantee.

Someone using one daily would need something more robust.

I wanted one of the Edinburgh Bicycle Coop ones when they were half price last month but when I went to get one they’d gone back to £80.

Drac

That guy on ebay is clever posting the add before Lidl sold them.

lord
    Free Member
    Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Cheeky bugger’s even used the LiDLs picture ffs! 😆

mattsccm
    Free Member

Got mine at 9.30ish, well the missus did. Tried to mine swivel but it holds my enduro ok when way off balence. replaced the top clamping knob with a lever as you can spin it off easier.
    Cinderford in the FoD had half a dozen left when mine was bought,

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Bought the work stand, put it up and put the bike in it.

Immediately stripped the thread on the clamp. Not impressed and will be returning for a refined tomorrow.

ars*

hardtailjay
    Free Member

went to tod lidl 1 1/2 hour after opening this morning sold out of the,,,, 4 they got in,,, what is the point in sending a shop 4 stands and something like 50 cycle computers,, so i got the computer and tool kit

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Decathlon do a reasonably priced one as well, maybe its a bit sturdier??
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/bike-workstand-53433343/

allthepies
    Free Member

what is the point in sending a shop 4 stands and something like 50 cycle computers,

Cycle stands heavy, bulky – cycle computers light, small.

Drac

£3 items shift faster than £30 more people want a cycle computer than bike stand.

Anyway none left in Alnwick you have any luck carbon.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

what is the point in sending a shop 4 stands and something like 50 cycle computers,, so i got the computer and tool kit

You kind of answered your own question there.
    What else did you to in with no intention of buying but walk out with anyway?The 4 stands did their job, they got you in the door.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Sadly all sold out in my area. Probably to the ebay vultures as I live in a cycling desert, can’t see many of the fat pie eaters doing a lot of bike maintenance around here.

collie
    Free Member

Tried 5 branches over the last 2 days – nothing! Are there any left out there?

mudglutten
    Free Member

Bought mine Monday at 08:10. Unpacked today. Chuffed to bits. OK, it’s not quite Park Tool standard, but would you expect an £8,000 Kia Pride to compare to a £32,000 blinged up Audi A5? (To perpetuate the metaphor, if a Park Tool stand is the Audi, then the Lidl stand’s a Skoda Octavia).

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Workstands at Lidl’ is closed to new replies.