Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • workshop hacks, bodges and solutions.
  • emanuel
    Free Member

Let’s see yours.
    I’ll start,
    I put a light over the workstand to see what I was doing, used magnets to hang most used tools as close as possible.
    works well, I always put my tools away instead of putting them down and having to put them away later.easy to reach, easy to see what’s missing.

link to blog

cynic-al
    Free Member

Slam!

Scapegoat

When I built my workbench, I put a skirt around the lowest shelf. I now no longer have to fight the spiders under the workbench to retrieve impossibly small items after every pingfukkit.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Sometimes, if it’ll fit, I use a flat head screwdriver to alter a cross head screw. It saves finding a cross head screw driver.

Much as I like your magnetic lampshade, it wouldn’t work for me. I’d bump into it and send the tools flying at least twice a half hour.

emanuel
    Free Member

just need to put it high enough so you don’t hit your head.it’s over the bike stand in any case, so I can’t walk under it in any case.
    FOr now it’s working, I like trying things out.
    some screws have both cross and flat, they’re handy. but I just tend to buy cross screws.

emanuel
    Free Member

scapegoat, must do that as well, or even better, make a drawer with wheels on it to store stuff underneath.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

I was fed up with flimsy benches so made a 10mm plate one using old vibrocore barrels as legs weighs a ton but doesn’t move a mm lol

timba
    Free Member

“pingfukkit” LOL, strikes a chord and should be in the dictionary

emanuel
    Free Member

cannondaleking, that looks proper, last place I worked at had metal bench tops, I went for wood in my shop.
    Those barrels look ace, be great as a grinder stand, or a vise stand.
    where do I get one?
    did you paint the shoreline?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘workshop hacks, bodges and solutions.’ is closed to new replies.