Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Works Components Thick/Thin chainrings
  • Hicksy
    Free Member

Has anyone been using them? Any good?

Thanks.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

Yup been using mine a while. It’s perfect silent and not dropped a chain.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Running one on my XC hardtail – 1×10 with an XT clutch rear mech. Only used for a few rides so far but no issues yet.

svalgis
    Free Member

No, [url=https://www.google.se/search?q=site%3Asingletrackworld.com+narrow+wide&oq=site%3A&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j69i58j69i59l3j69i61.1714j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8]no one[/url]

mmel
    Free Member

I’ve got a 32 tooth ring. Only used it in anger once but it did it’s job perfectly well, married to a 11-36 cassette and a shadow+ mech. Not a hint of chain drop.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I replied to one of those ……and he did’nt believe me!So I’m keeping schtum this time.

poonprice
    Free Member

Plenty on here with them..

I’ve got one and seems good so far only a few rides in tho. I have noticed it seems to pickup and hold leaves between chainring and chain. This could be same with all narrow/wide/thick/thin chainrings tho. I coupled mine with zee clutch mech and hope bash guard.

oxym0r0n

A few moths now – all good so far

Hicksy
    Free Member

That was quick – thank you all. Yep, should have done a search really -oops!

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

Does anyone have an idea where i might be able to procure a 120bcd version of these ‘rings? Wolftooth seem to only be in the USA.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Had my first ride with mine today along with a new short cage type 2 x9 mech.

I had no chain drops during my normal ride which featured all the usual exciting trail features.

BUT at the end of the ride my bike was extremely muddy and I did actually drop the chain whilst just pedalling along. I thought this might happen and it’s not specific to the Works ring, I think it’s a general drawback of this setup with no chainguide.

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

where do you buy them from though?

Stevelol
    Free Member
    butlerjamesp
    Free Member

they only do a 104bcd 🙁

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Works Components Thick/Thin chainrings’ is closed to new replies.