Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • workmen and toilet usage in your property ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

In the next few weeks we will be having a new driveway.

Don’t really want any workman going upstairs to use our trap…

There is a supermarket 2 mins drive or 5 min walk with toilets should I make this clear to them when they start ?

ransos
    Free Member

Don’t really want any workman going upstairs to use our trap…

Working class people in our house? Infamy!

thegreatape
    Free Member

I let workmen use my inside toilet. I also offer them tea at regular intervals.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

When doing up her house a friend had a Plumber – YES PLUMBER – leave a log in an unconnected toilet – put some straw down in a cardboard box.

johndoh
    Free Member

We just let them use our loo (doing an extension and they were around for 6 months). They left some revolting presents for us so next time I will be insisting that they bring a portaloo onsite.

fasthaggis

should I make this clear to them when they start ?

If you want the shit to hit the fan,go for it.

z1ppy

Dear god, what a charmer.
    What exactly do you think there going to do up there, that you don’t?

chunkypaul
    Free Member

whats the worst that could happen?

trail_rat
    Free Member

either you let them use your loo or they WILL use the bottom of your garden – assuming your in that is … if your not in they will use the bottom of the garden anyway.

binners

Tradesmen tramping over my carpets? How frightful!!!

How about….

edlong
    Free Member

Just curious, but when you tell them they can’t use your toilet and they ask why, what are you planning on saying?

martinhutch

Plenty of decent builders out there who are quite happy to make other arrangements. Include portaloo hire as part of the contract if necessary.

It’s not so much that they’re using the loo, although a few I’ve encountered seem to have directional difficulties, it’s the amount of muck that gets traipsed into the house over the course of a build.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Last time I had people working on the garage, I offered to leave the house open so they could use the loo. They told me not to worry, and that they’d go to the McDonald’s up the road. I think they did (although I sometimes pee in the garden myself, so I’m not going to worry about it too much).

🙂

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

edlong – Member

Just curious, but when you tell them they can’t use your toilet and they ask why, what are you planning on saying?

wife is OCD…

the workmen live in caravans and have a very thick Irish accent…would you let them use your toilet ?

fasthaggis

Just make sure that you are well prepared..

martinhutch

the workmen live in caravans and have a very thick Irish accent…would you let them use your toilet ?

This should go well. 🙂

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

tea on tap goes without saying….

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

You’re having people working for you on your property but you don’t want them to use the toilet? A shoes off policy as they’ll be mucky is fair enough but an outright toilet ban is just plain weird.

Having said that we had some fellas doing some work on our roof a couple of years a go and one had a particularly weak bladder and would use the loo 3-4 times a day whereas the other never once needed it. I asked the wee’er “How come your boss never needs to pee?” the reply was “He does but he does it in a bottle in the back of the van”.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

No, [stereotyping alert] I wouldn’t let them lay my drive either.

rocketman
    Free Member

The BIL has had some fairly extensive home improvements since June and at no time has he allowed the bricklayers/carpenters/electricians/plumbers/decorators to use either toilet even though at one stage they were actually building a new downstairs toilet

No wonder they’ve ballsed everything up 😆

ransos
    Free Member

A good effort, but the “Irish accent” thing was a bit too obvious.

MoreCashThanDash

Might need to review the choice of reading material available in the “little library”…..

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mrs PP bakes cake for our workmen and is disappointed if they don’t eat it. Of course they can use the loo too!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Had a new boiler fitted a couple of years ago, the apprentice decided to crimp one off mid afternoon on our upstairs loo.

No drama apart from the fact the water had been turned off and the kids had already emptied the cistern. Once said apprentice realised he couldn’t flush the evidence he devised a cunning plan which involved covering the offending article with what appeared to be roughly 95% of a full toilet roll.

I kindly asked the owner of the plumbing business if he would ensure I had a fully operational toilet before he left to which he agreed.

Took him nearly an hour to clear it. Just glad I didn’t have to!

martinhutch

Mrs PP bakes cake for our workmen and is disappointed if they don’t eat it. Of course they can use the loo too!

Do they visit the trap shortly after being presented with cake and consumption monitored by Mrs PP? 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

martinhutch – Member

This should go well.

This +1

Do let us know how this goes please, ta.

trail_rat
    Free Member

its ok, they dont need in the house to see your shiny shiny. Assuming you have windows they will be able to see all the stuff they want to come back later and take :d

if my local lot were anything to go by – my neighbours(about 1 mile away) front window infront of his kids was where they liked to urinate.

GregMay
    Free Member

*facepalm*

I just… I can’t even process this.

martinhutch

my neighbours(about 1 mile away) front window infront of his kids was where they liked to urinate.

They must have been bursting for it to reach that far.

fasthaggis

tea on tap goes without saying….

Hold on,you want them full of tea ?

This is not going to end well.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Supposedly a bonefied company….

martinhutch

Supposedly a bonefied company….

In which case I refer you to MoreCash’s comment further up the thread.

plumber
    Free Member

You are obliged to provide welfare

How you do that should be discussed prior to start on site

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

Do they visit the trap shortly after being presented with cake and consumption monitored by Mrs PP?

I don’t force them to eat! I’ve won awards for my cakes (& chutneys) I will have you know…. cheeky bugger!

al1982
    Free Member

a portaloo costs about £25 pw + £25 delivery each way – usually 2 week min hire + about £25 an empty. not that much if its on site for a couple of weeks use. (all figure + vat)

El-bent
    Free Member

Why don’t you just go the whole hog and put this sign on the window before they arrive, just to spice things up a little:

Drac

I don’t force them to eat! I’ve won awards for my cakes (& chutneys) I will have you know…. cheeky bugger!

Britain’s Best Emetic

martinhutch

Mrs P earlier:

[video]http://vimeo.com/38355848[/video]

Three_Fish
    Free Member

the workmen live in caravans…

Shirley it would be simple enough for them to bring their own loos?

edlong
    Free Member

Yeah, I would. Putting aside whether any particular people are ones you’d be comfortable letting use the bathroom, I find it a bit weird that people you wouldn’t be comfortable letting use your toilet (perhaps partly because of their ethnicity, perhaps not) you would let do work on your house?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘workmen and toilet usage in your property ?’ is closed to new replies.