Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • working with morons ! (just venting steam)
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

i know its the oil industry and everything BUT cummon guys

– 1 large project due out on wednesday – still have 2 tools to build/stab up (last time we did them it was 3 days each tool) and 18 joints of screens to inspect = 2 days work

last night the project engineer said right – half day tomorrow – work the afternoon says he.

cue him and "the lads club" go out and get pissed – all the guys that have worked together here and at other companys just head out and come back at 4am , wake the whole house as they have lost their keys by ringing doorbell and banging on the door

Me , the workshop supervisor and 2 other guys decide that we should make hay while the sun shines and do all we can to get the project out on time …..if they think im lying down and taking it from the slackers they have another thing coming ….

**** raging today – venting here rather than at my boss as i might get fired the way im feeling at the moment ! – most of the guys on this project need fired though – perhaps im just wet behind the ears but its a **** farce – its not just the above example though – we got a load out list last week after asking for it for 3 weeks – should have been done ages ago. MY boss back in aberdeen has already gone wild at the project engineer for being a donk. my post job report is going to be a framed and put above the mantle piece i think. The incompetancy baffles me !

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I haven't read this one as some moron posted the exact same thread above! 😆

MarkDatz
    Free Member

ur boss must b wikkid kool eny jobs going i wud luv 2 wurk at a kool plais lik that

white101

There's not much worse than aholes at work.

Take it out on the trails next time your on the bike

Filthy
    Free Member

You just can't get the staff these days.

and…

What did Mark Datz say? I've tried google translator but it makes no sense of it!

trail_rat
    Free Member

yep thats me , im also a moron southernyeti 😀

without going into details – it just gets better as the day progresses !

the big cheese comes back tomorrow – i cant wait to see his reaction – innocent phone calls were made to us – he asked to speak to X we said nah hes not here …… what about y …. not here either – where are they …..

next thing a couple of em show up claiming we grassed em demanding to see phone logs etc

klunky
    Free Member

TIA

fwb2006
    Free Member

Oilfield trash mate. You get them everywhere. The only place you will not get those types is working for an operator. I could tell you some stories from my times in Africa and the middle east.

iDave
    Free Member

i work with several cretins

i'm leaving soon

their mistakes have been invaluable to my progress

they took the piss, under performed, whined at every opportunity and now work in an office that's about to be shut down, while I'm re-locating

HR – karma style

trail_rat
    Free Member

the "superstar new boy" came in with his swagger someone severely interupted my hang over- right whos the grass im having words with him ….

three of us went what do you mean grass – no one grassed you up stop being a dick , your here to do a job not go and get pissed up , you have a hangover thats your problem deal with it – we are not carrying you

"oh it was a joke boys get over it " …. and one of the lads went yeah – it was about as funny as aids to which we bust out laaughint – that didnt go down well …..

the jobs – your right its oil field trash !

epicyclo

They sound suspiciously like Australians…

trail_rat
    Free Member

how did you know that epi ! 😉

flew in from oz yesterday and upset the apple cart !

martinxyz
    Free Member

Over the past months.. I know more about where you work, when your going to work.. what you do at work.. than i do about my own work!

all that glistens is not gold,then.

trail_rat
    Free Member

martinxyz – you know i do nothing then 😀

grumm
    Free Member

But I thought that inefficiency only existed in the public sector? 😕

KT1973
    Free Member

The only place you will not get those types is working for an operator

I don't know about that…… 😀

18 joints of screens to inspect

Do you work for Baker TR?
    I think a night on the piss is good for morale/team spirit when you're away from home for a long stint. Seriously. As long as it's not happening all the time it's OK, but it may have been better to get the job finished first and then have the night out. I think it helps break up the trip but I've seen it go a bit pete tong several times when guys start disappearing or coming back with local hookers &c…that's why a lot of companies have compounds/curfews in these locations.
    But you would be surprised that some of the dept heads of the operating companies, and I'm talking about guys in thier 50s-60s are still complete animals on nights on the piss.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘working with morons ! (just venting steam)’ is closed to new replies.