Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Working in Cheltenham/Bristol
  • northerntom
    Free Member

So, new job has meant i am working in Cheltenham two days a week, as I’m driving means I can throw the bike in the car. Likely I’ll be staying in Bristol so that’s also an option.

I know FOD and South Wales are within reasonable distance, but was hoping someone knew of anything more local, and even better, would be up for showing me about. Usually am down on a Monday/Tuesday or Wednesday, and free after around 5ish.

v666ern
    Free Member
    mudshark
    Free Member

I work in Bishop’s Cleeve close to Cheltenham, some decent hills near there but I stick to the road.

Moses

So do you live in Bristol? It isn’t clear from your post. If not, stay in Chelt as the drive between is joyless, or find somewhere in Stroud or Nailsworth where there are trails round the edge of the hills.

IHN

Plenty of riding from the door in ‘Nam, Leckhampton Hill, Cleeve Hill, Cranham…

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

They were lovely and dry yesterday up Crippets and Birdlip wood/Cranham.There is good stuff close to Cheltenham and Gloucester.Open going over Cleeve Hill/tecky stuff of Lecky Hill and singletrack in Cranham and tons of Bridleways/Rbyways and a few UCRs.Stroud way Painswick beacon/Stanish woods list goes on and on.

If you are keeping bike in Cheltenham make sure it is WELL LOCKED UP BIG TIME.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Wednesday night ride from Black8Bikes – Nailsworth.

Meet 6.00 to 6.30. Usually get away by 6.30pm, at the pub for 9.00pm.

10 to 12 miles round the local hills usually a group of 12 to 6 people depending on weather.

It’s a friendly ride, not a race, variable terrain but you have to like hills round here.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Working in Cheltenham/Bristol’ is closed to new replies.