Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • working from home – which radio station?
  • fatmax

At 36 I used to be a Radio 1 fan, but after Jo Whiley and Edith Bowman have gone, I just can’t abide Chris Moyles, Fearne Cotton, Scott Mills et al. Still too young for Radio 2 and 4 though!
    I like the music on XFM but don’t like the commercials and the crap DJs. So working from home today, and have tuned into Radio 6 Music, to be greeted by Gomez with Whipping Piccadilly. Spot on in my books. Any other suggestions from the STW posse?
    FTM

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Rock radio manchester. Terrible adverts though

Pook

Maybe XFM, although it’s gotten a bit ropey recently with too many ads.

6Music is the way forward, especially with Huey Morgan late mornings.

midlifecrashes

Sine FM here in Donny, though you’ll only get the FM if you’re under two miles from the station, but listen live on the web. Sometimes crap, but not bland.

crazy-legs

At work I tend to have either BBC 6Music or Classic FM on via internet radio – work are fine with people wearing earphones. When I get bored of the adverts I’ve got a Spotify player on the works computer too. 🙂

Working from home, I add Absolute Radio to the mix as well.

The lab I used to work in had a stereo which could only really pick up the local station, High Peak Radio, a truly dreadful mix of local adverts for local businesses, crap DJ’s and ropey music. 🙁

anjs
    Free Member

Absolute 80’s or 90’s or Sky

_tom_
    Free Member

Radio 1 for me still, even though they play mostly shite music.

Planet Rock is ok if you’re into your cheesy old rock 😛

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Radio 4, then when womans hour/drama/archers/etc comes on i switch to Dublab. Spotify subscription is handy too.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Radio 4 will make you cleverer. You’ve just missed desert island discs. I quite like Woman’s hour. 😳

fatmax

It needs to be music if I’m trying to do some work. Is Spotify good – do I need to join the 21st century and get signed up?

BluePalomino
    Free Member

ermmm….. Test Match Special on BBC iplayer radio 5?
    🙂

plumber
    Free Member

Radio 4 – started listening in my late 30’s and as above – it does make you more informed and I LOVE WOMANS HOUR

innit LOL FTW etc

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

If you’re still working at 5 I’d recommend the Headfunk show on Vectisradio.com (internet only). The rest of the day they’re mostly middle of the road though.

D4declivity
    Free Member

6 Music (who’s wearing an old band t shirt today?) until Nemone gets annoying then find a random internet station. It was a bluegrass station yesterday.
    Radio 4 if there’s any science programmes on. BBC 7 occasionally at lunchtime for Hancock and other lesser comedies.

donsimon
    Free Member

You could do worse than Radio 3, Spanish Radio 3 that is. The music is generally good, there is quite a lot of English language music and a fair few interviews in English.

But I don’t know if you can listen in the UK, like the BBC won’t let me listen here. 👿

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Internet radio – google it.
    that’ll put an end to your “working” from home fantasy

verses

My day is usually accompanied by one of;

6music
    Seeks Music (see what they’ve done there?)
    Spotify
    Planet Rock

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘working from home – which radio station?’ is closed to new replies.