Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Working abroad; tax, national insurance etc…
  • BeardedDave
    Free Member

MrsDave has been working and living in the Netherlands for a little while and I will soon be going out to join her. It’s only likely to be for 9-12 months or so, then we’d both return to the UK. My employers are very kindly considering letting me work from home (in the Netherlands) for this period. If this does happen, does anyone know the score for what will happen regarding my tax and national insurance contributions, during this period? Will I just carry on paying the same as if I was still in the UK? What about if I need to see a doctor, or visit a hospital while in the Netherlands, will I need additional insurance to cover this? Would be interested to hear if anyone knows about this, or has been in a similar situation.

br
    Free Member

If you (both) could’ve been out for a full tax year – possibly NT code, otherwise for you as long as you are still paid in/from UK into a UK account, no difference.

As for healthcare, get your E111/Healthcard. Although tbh when I visited a doctor while living in Germany I just paid, as it wasn’t dear.

nicko74

b r has it, I think; chances are your employer will continue to deduct tax at source (ie within your payslip), and the EU rules essentially mean you only pay tax once, I think.

So get your E111 card and carry on! 🙂

BoardinBob

There’s a compulsory basic private health insurance in the Netherlands that’s reasonably priced and very comprehensive

http://tilburginternationalclub.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/cz-hc-presentation.pdf

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Working abroad; tax, national insurance etc…’ is closed to new replies.