Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • work stands whats worth buying
  • JACKTHELAD
    Free Member

Hi guys looking for a work stand at a reasonable price,had a look at the park pcs9 and pcs10 and the edinburgh revolution.Is this a fair enough money to spend on a workstand for home use or should you spend more cash on a better one.Any help highly appreciated

jackthelad

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I was wondering the same thing the other day. 8)

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/any-good-workstand-deals-around

bassspine
    Free Member

I love my Park PCS 4 and I do believe it's worth the extra money

LoCo
    Free Member
    UK-FLATLANDER

Try the Ultimate stands – very stable

Northwind

Minoura for me, better than Park IMO, and mine was only £50 from Halfords 😉

JACKTHELAD
    Free Member

guys thanks for the replies just ordered the workstand from ribble for £54.78 delivered.It looks the same as the edinburgh one at £80,and when I was on the maintenance course with edinburgh co-op I used one of these stands and was fair impressed.Recon its a good enough stand to get me up and running,heres hoping

jackthelad

stoney
    Free Member

I teated myself to the Park Tool PCS10 for Christmas and it`s been Ace!

0range5

I've got a few, for courses. One is an Ultimate, and it's very nice, but it's not hugely better than the others which are like the Revolution. The Revolution can be found under a few different brand names. Mine came off ebay two and a half years ago for £55 each delivered. The seller must have bought a job lot & then moved on, because they've not ever had any more. But look around, someone might have them at a good price. It's a good stand at any price[edit:meaning it compares well to the more expensive ones, not it'd be good for £500!]. Solid, should last for years & does the job, although the Ultimate feels nicer & more solid to use. But is about £100 more! When I bought it there was way less choice of cheap stands, and everything at the price of the Revolution was rubbish.

obirobkeno
    Free Member

I've got Minoura RS-5000 workstand and it's faultless; worth every penny. Yes, it's a shade over 130 notes, but it's bomb-proof…

Padowan
    Free Member

For a non-collapsible one – anyone got a Sealey Tools one and would like to comment?

Being non-folding I would expect it to be a little more robust and stable perhaps?

Jamie
    Free Member

I bought an unbranded one off ebay for £50 and its great. Turns out it is the same as the Fat Spanner one you can get from Rutland Cycles for £75.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘work stands whats worth buying’ is closed to new replies.