Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • work in Liverpool
  • lessthanjake
    Free Member

OK, so I have just finished my degree and moved to Liverpool…
    Anyone know of any jobs going in the area?? ideally a bike shop or outdoorsy shop?
    Any ideas much appreciated

Jake

coffeeking
    Free Member

Normally people find a job and move to that location 🙂

Most of the bike shops in Liverpool are small one-man-band jobbies run by the same guy for decades, and there's fairly few of them. Blacks etc? A few outdoor clothing shops down the main streets?

My advice would be get out and wave your CV about in stores. The new Liverpool 1 place might have some jobs as it's not long opened and I suspect their turnover of staff may be high.

woody2000

Start up a business offering mobile trackie laundering, you'll coin it in 🙂

Or a brick delivery service for the wheel thief in a hurry…etc etc

🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I hear Lanesra is in the area sightseeing…ask him what he thinks.

Junkyard
    Free Member

finding a job in the current economic climate good luck. There will be a large number of people in your position but with experience looking for work. I advise trying an agency first to show you are prepared to work.
    Perhaps (though I doubt this) your degree was vocational in nature and you could try that field?

Junkyard
    Free Member

double post yes Llansera body guard what could go wrong 😉

lessthanjake
    Free Member

Ive been so many places with cvs..Just to late to get student summer work I think my best chance is to get in before the students get back and nab all the jobs. Used to work for millets and there was zero vacancy to transfer to. plus i dont ever want to go back there :@
    maybe I should just concentrate on getting a proper job like above lol
    just wondering wat people had seen advertised tbh

uplink
    Free Member

The Liverpool manager, Rafael Benitez, flies to Baghdad to watch a young Iraqi play football, and is suitably impressed and arranges him to come over to Anfield.

Two weeks later Liverpool are 4-0 down to Burnley with only 20 minutes left to play. The manager gives the young Iraqi striker the nod and on he goes.

The lad is a sensation, scores 5 goals in 20 minutes and wins the game for Liverpool. The fans are delighted, the players and coaches are delighted and the media love the new star.

When the player comes off the pitch he 'phones his mum to tell her about his first day in English football.

'Hello mum, guess what?' he says 'I played for 20 minutes today, and we were 4-0 down but I scored 5 and we won, Everybody loves me, the fans, the media, they all love me.'

'Wonderful,' says his mum, 'Let me tell you about my day. Your father got shot in the street and robbed; your sister and I were ambushed, gang raped and beaten and your brother has joined a gang of looters and all while you were having such great time playing bloody football.'

The young lad is very upset. 'What can I say mum, but I'm so sorry.'

Sorry?!!! Sorry?!!!' shrieks his mum, "It's your bloody fault we moved to Liverpool in the first place!

cp

lol @ uplink 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

Plenty of jobs currently available in this climate, if you're willing to do them, especially through agencies.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

New Giant shop opposite cains brewery near the tea works, or Cotsworlds in town are the best options if thats your game.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

You've just got a degree and you want to work in a bike shop????

Talk about dumbing down.

lessthanjake
    Free Member

Graduate jobs are awful at the mo, wish I could have walked straight into one. I just need something to pay the rent whilst I continue looking. Giant shop sounds interesting.

PS. Ive been here for a few weeks and I quite like it :p

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Glad to hear you like my hometown , but i want a discount if you get the job in the giant shop its called bike-beat by the way.

loddrik
    Free Member

I am moving back after a year working away, I cannot wait. Been in Guildford which, by comparison, is completely lifeless and full of snobs. The only bad thing is Liverpool is crap for biking, probably the worst in the uk thanks to the Cheshire plain. Having said that, the peaks and Wales aren't far away.

loddrik
    Free Member

The giant shop must be recent as it wasn't there this time last year. Huge road scene in Liverpool and the Wirral though.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘work in Liverpool’ is closed to new replies.