• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by llama.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Work fashion..
  • matt_outandabout

Mrs_oab has a new colleague. His work dress as teacher is something like this with shirt and tie…

What clothing do your colleagues that challenges the current business ‘normal’…?

funkmasterp

We pretty much don’t have any kind of dress policy in our office. Depending on who’s visiting it can be cycling gear, shorts and t-shirt (with or without footwear) or a suit.

binners

As a freelance designer I often walk into a studio in, say, the Northern Quarter, and have to double check I’ve not mistakenly wandered onto the deck of a Scandinavian trawler

SaxonRider

Nice ad, binners! 😆

aP
    Free Member

One of my colleagues wears mostly Stella McCartney to work and another Rick Owens. Everyone else M&S, Gant or other high street.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We’re all subtle well made suits Mon-Thurs, very few ties these days but shirts are crisp and sharp..

Then Friday turns to shite, like this. It’s quite astonishing how one day it’s all business, then the following and it’s hard not to snigger.

If only folks would at least make some effort and do this instead..it’s essentially the same, but smarter..

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

we have a young newbie and i swear he is still wearing grey school trousers every day, and his idea of dressdown friday is to go ss shirt instead of long sleeve!

one of his favourite shirts we are told is a red hawaiian with flames around the base…

i give up! 😀

footflaps

We pretty much don’t have any kind of dress policy in our office. Depending on who’s visiting it can be cycling gear, shorts and t-shirt (with or without footwear) or a suit.

+1

T-shirt and shorts today, well most days if I’m honest…

CountZero

My check flannel shirts, (not Nirvana grunge style) have been deemed unacceptable for work, as has my black tie with subtle dark purple skull-and-crossbones, sadly. Still going for flannel, but a plainer style.
    Thing is, I’m driving cars all day, not dealing with clients in an office environment, but higher powers have spoken.
    First job I’ve ever had where I’ve actually got to dress fairly smartly.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

one of his favourite shirts we are told is a red hawaiian with flames around the base…

Do you work in Ruislip?

timber

Chainsaw trousers, to help my legs stay attached.
    Bit warm recently, but the problem with shorts is that your wellies fill with woodchip.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i work with academics so the list is long; the students are, as a rule, turned out better than the staff!

right on; only shop in oxfam.
    sneans
    flip flops & shorts
    ‘what size feet do you have, i have an important meeting and don’t own any decent shoes’
    new rock boots & a cowboy hat
    beard tucked into trousers
    3 shades of corduroy
    Homemade elbow patches
    trackies and a football shirt to a meeting where most people have suited and booted.

never have i found it so easy to appear smart 😆

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Do you work in Ruislip?

there are others? 😯

jimdubleyou

I have recently taken to not wearing a suit. I might put one on once a month just to make them think I’ve got an interview.

llama

As a home worker the feckers are lucky I’m wearing anything

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Work fashion..’ is closed to new replies.