Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Work Experience
  • white101

Having some problems getting work experience for my daughter. The school have 2 weeks set aside next July and would prefer if parents made arrangements.
    My daughter is in her 1st year of GCSE’s and is looking at something science/healthcare related, I’ve tried the NHS but they have a 16+ policy in most places I have spoken with, I have also contacted a couple of local universities who have been less than helpful.
    Any ideas out there? dont have to have anything in place till March but wanted to try and get it sorted (to stop the grief from a 14yr old)

cbike
    Free Member

Is it you or her doing the work experience?…Tell her to get off her arse and arrange it herself. Otherwise she will be assigned the default “cooncil type” placements by the school. Nae initiative these placement weans these days. (My folks were teachers and this was their advice to me at that age – I went and had fun in a animal park and cold called a theatre)

An old GF of mine, now a GP, started out in a nursing home, ended up with a job there that helped fund some overseas study and travel before she went to uni.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

a good nursing home preferably a charity run one should be able to find something for her

Pook

pharma company.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Medical equipment manufacturer? Where are you? That might help people suggest things.

Tebbalot
    Free Member

I did a pharmacy initially when I was too young to do hospital/gp related, maybe also try a clinical research centre. Or maybe even a charity playscheme for disabled children if you have one near you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Work Experience’ is closed to new replies.