Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Work bike sheds broken into….
  • DT78
    Free Member

So on Friday some thieving scum managed to kick the door of the work bike sheds in about 2pm and almost got a decent bike by cropping one of the locks, and were half way through the second before being chased off.

Luckily I had driven in that day so my hardtail (which is higher spec than the one they tried to get) wasn’t there.

I didn’t find this out till just now, so now paranoid my bike might not be there. Security keeping completely quiet about it as I don’t think they want to discourage cycling.

What are the chances they will be back now they know they can get in? Are they really that stupid to try it again…?

chojin
    Free Member

Quite high i’d imagine – You’re in Southampton aren’t you?

Theiving scum bags came back to my house 3 times in a week until I caught them in the act!

I’m in Southampton too btw :]

wwaswas

Are they really that stupid to try it again…?

was that a rhetorical question?

All you can do is

A) try and get them to up overall security for the shed
    B) make sure your bike is at the back and locked far better than all the others. Maybe one of those alarms that goes off if moved attached the frame?

DT78
    Free Member

Yea southampton based. The chaps bike was locked up in the middle of the shed and they walked past loads of more valuable road bikes to get to it.

Thankfully my bike was still there this evening but it is making me think twice before taking my bike in – shame as I normally ride my local spot most evenings.

There has been no comment from security whatsoever, but will ask them tomorrow what they are doing to ensure secure facilities. It’s worrying that they got so far before they were spotted and chased off. Must have taken them a little while to get through the door

Are those alarms the motorcycle disk lock type? Can you recommend one that’s not too expensive and will do the trick?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I persuaded my work to invest in a new bike shed. Lockable barred sliding doors, with the tough flameproof perspex bolted onto the metal frame.

After a little while we noticed scroats coming along in broad daylight and examining it (it is in the front carpark of a busy office building, covered in CCTV). One afternoon last summer I was getting my bike out when I noticed that the perspex had been unbolted in places. The thieving f*cks had been coming along in thee evenings and unbolting it, section by section. After we rounded the bolts off, they seem to have left it alone.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Work bike sheds broken into….’ is closed to new replies.