Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • WordPress to Facebook automatically?
  • bencooper
    Free Member

Is what I want possible? Want a simple thing that every day posts a random post from my WordPress blog onto a Facebook page, using a cron job or whatever. Does such a plugin exist? Or any other tools that do the same thing?

Thanks 😉

simonbowns
    Free Member

Ifttt (if this then that) is good for this sort of thing.

simonbowns
    Free Member
    bencooper
    Free Member

Cheers, will give that a go.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Check this out i’ve been looking at using it on a clients site but haven’t yet tested it. Not been updated for a while though so may not be compatible with the latest WP.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-share-old-post-lite/

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

What about the other way?

facebook post to wordpress website, including pics? not just a link?

bencooper
    Free Member

Hmm, doesn’t seem to be able to do what I want – clever tool for other things though.

Edit: Cheers, darrenspink, I’ll give that a try.

kcr
    Free Member

Another option is dlvr.it I use this to automatically push content posted on a website to Facebook and Twitter.

I think by default, you will have an RSS feed from your WordPress site. All you need to do is give dlvr.it the RSS feed URL and register your FB page, and dlvr.it will do the rest (it can also handle Twitter, if you want to do that as well).

This is a handy way to update multiple channels with the same content in one action. If you really want a random post, rather than all your content replicated, you would have to tweak your existing WordPress newsfeed, or set up another newsfeed that only includes random posts. I assume there is a WordPress plugin to help with that.

bencooper
    Free Member

The Share Old Post plugin doesn’t work any more, but found another one called Revive Old Post which does the trick. Thanks all 😉

darrenspink
    Free Member

Ah cool, will look at that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘WordPress to Facebook automatically?’ is closed to new replies.