Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Word processor macbook
  • jools182
    Free Member

I’ve bought a used macbook and want to create some documents

I’m confused as to whats available

I looked at iWork but I don’t understand how it’s used. It seems to be online only. Is that right?

If I’m honest I’m struggling getting used to anything after using windows for so long. I’m sure people say apple is more intuitive, but it’s really not

I’ll need any explanation in laymen’s terms as I’m not at all literate with this apple business 🙂

thanks

dirtyrider
    Free Member

whats wrong with using Word?

https://www.office.com

somafunk

I use the free version of NeoOffice, seems to work for my needs.

Mackem

Have you tried Google Docs? I installed Windows 8 on my Mac in place of Mac OS FWIW.

hammyuk
    Free Member

You should have the base Mac ones – Pages, Numbers, etc.
    Work fine for 99% of stuff.
    Otherwise just get an Office 365 sub for pennies and use that anywhere you want.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Pages, the Mac one is great. Should be on the machine already or free in the app store. If its not free let me know as there is a way of getting it free via a trial. You can find the app either using the search in Finder or via the F4 button which bring up the launch-pad window which has all the apps on the machine

Note if touve icloud running you will be able to save the doc in the cloud and access it from any device including a windows pc via icloud.com

Mac will take a little while to get used to.

justatheory
    Free Member

As above use Pages. You can export files in .doc/.docx for compatibility with word if you’re sending.

Once you get used to OSX going back to Windows will make you feel like slashing your wrists.

kcal

iWorks – might be old macbook with that as built-in.

Pages (the new one) should be fine. You may need to uninstall old Pages to get new one up and running.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Never had a problem with libre Office. It’s free and easy to use and is pretty much like MS Office.

LibreOffice

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Word processor macbook’ is closed to new replies.