Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Woop Woop – New bike content ;)
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Not new as such but feels it!! I have swapped the rp23 for a push tuned coil Fox van r, Coil pikes are being borrowed after i broke my Magura Thors, a second hand pair of V12s reside where spds used to, and a pair of stickE/DTC Nevegals fitted tubeless.

The bike feels ace – solid not heavy, steers fantastically, front and rear feel matched for the first time ever and UBER PLUSH, all in all it feels like anew better bike 🙂

total cost after sales etc is about £100 max

pics to follow of my quick hour blast round the white peak – beautiful day, dry and sunny 🙂

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Third picture. Lawn needs cut and hedge needs trimmed.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Providing MrsJ doesn't go into labour tonight will give it a razz round stanage tomorrow morning 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Looks ace Rob..

showerman
    Free Member

waters not broken yet then,

gonetothehills
    Free Member

What a choice – new bike / new sprog. Best of luck with both / either! 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

showerman – Member

waters not broken yet then,

lollercopter – showerman talking about water!!

thepodge
    Free Member

ROFL Harris – will give it a razz round stanage tomorrow morning

Might see you up there

tails
    Free Member

The last pic, the small bit of cliff is that rideable?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

nice. do you think it's the coil shock making the big difference?

Vortexracing

thinking of having my Van R pushed. Your opinion seems to have swayed me.

how does it feel better?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

never rode it before being pushed so sorry cannot say.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

buzz-lightyear – Member

nice. do you think it's the coil shock making the big difference?

totally mate, the back end has always felt "odd" and unbalanced. Feels ace now to be honest.

tails – Member

The last pic, the small bit of cliff is that rideable?

Yes it was ace – short, steep, and loose. Its an old disused quarry.

Pieface

Maybe you should tell Cannondale that a coil shock is better for the bike? Doubt they'd listen but got to be worth a shot.

Ideally there'd be a magazine would test ride bikes and say 'A coil shock would be better' and the bike manufacturers would actually listen to what people want, rather than what they think people want, and either sell them that way r offer the choice.

Would sav people trying out lots of differnet fork / shock optiosn to end up with a decent bike.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Would sav people trying out lots of differnet fork / shock optiosn to end up with a decent bike.

and to think you called me a mongtard!

Free Member

Them there shock bushings fitted then?!

Does MrsJ know about the shock, if not, tell her you spent money intended for baby-things on the bike, that might cause stress levels to rise and voila – baby 😉

can i have a go on your bike mista? (promise i wont crash it like i did gettin da skillz on senior browns bike)

showerman = teeeeeraaaaiiii ?? 😉

racing_ralph
    Free Member

No it came with the same bushings so have spares 🙂

she knows

No

yes

Free Member

meh, I just checked .. showerman teeeerrrrraaaiii!! come back up north again please, I miss your jovial antics and over-use of colloquial phrases!

(and the "we don't have sharp rocks down here, thats why we can have carbon suspension") 😉

Free Member

ROFL Harris = gaylord bummer and your bike is gay in white and i didn't want a go anyway

Thinking of selling the lefty/wheel etc but not sure at the moment, suspect will have to put a hold on additional bike spending at the moment due to impending purchase of a saddle. ouch.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

half nine at fox house tomorrow btw

Free Member

Fitting a gate tomorrow morning and then some fascia panels t' garage! ;(( next week!!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Woop Woop – New bike content ;)’ is closed to new replies.