Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Wool sock deals/recommendations?
  • mikey74
    Free Member

… as above.

I’m not bothered about them being cycling specific, but I do want to use them for cycling, so not too bulky.

ChrisB
    Free Member

Smartwool do some really nice ones.

Jamie
    Free Member

Been using these on the bike and day to day in everything down to -8 for up to a week at a time. No pong either due to the Merino content.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320605219606

£17.50 for 4 pairs as well.

Timmo
    Free Member

m&s do a 3 pair pack of merino socks for a tenner, Ideal as under sealskinz socks!!

jonb
    Free Member

I’ve bought some but haven’t even seen them yet but alpkit do a range of walking and biking socks. About £10 for 3 pairs, cheaper if they still have the sale ones. Everything else of theres I’ve bought has been exceptional for the cost.

Shadow
    Free Member

Brasher wool ultra are proper toasty

TooTall
    Free Member

DeFeet Woolie Boolies are tremendous – I now have several pairs.

mikey74
    Free Member

I looked at those Merino wool ones in M&S and care instructions state “do not use bio washing liquids”, which is unfortunately what I use.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Go Outdoors do some merion walking socks, usually on offer if you have a members card, seen them for 3 for £10, don’t know what % or type of Merino though. Regarding washing, I use none-bio anyway.

damitamit
    Free Member

Those ones on Ebay are Costco own brand ones. Surely they must be even cheaper in costco…

mikey74
    Free Member

Been using these on the bike and day to day in everything down to -8 for up to a week at a time. No pong either due to the Merino content.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320605219606

£17.50 for 4 pairs as well.

How thick are they? I plan on using them with some Seal Skinz over the top in a pair of Spesh spd shoes, and don’t want them too tight.

BigJohn

I use a pair of Rapha summer socks under a pair of rapha winter socks and my tootsies have been toasty even on a 3 day trip to the lakes in -11c

hoochylala
    Free Member

DeFeet Woolie Boolies are tremendous – I now have several pairs.

These have served me really well so far this winter.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Smartwool are my fave.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Wool sock deals/recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.