Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Woody's Bike Park – anyone tried it?
  • Pz_Steve

A friend is keen to go riding here and I was wondering if anyone here had tried it.

Said friend is a far better rider than I (also far stronger: he’s spent the last few months touring Europe whilst I’ve been sat on my arse behind a Cornish desk (no, not a euphamism)). I also veer towards more “natural” trails… quite at home with big boulders and moorland “thrutchcore”, but not happy if my wheels are more than a couple of mm from terra firma.

So, will I die?

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Great fun. You will not die.

Pz_Steve

Excellent news! Thanks genesis.

skybluestu
    Free Member

We are looking at Woody’s too for an alternative to Gawton and a bit closer than BPW.
    Is it worth it for a full days riding?

crispybacon
    Free Member

Here’s a link to a mates video from his ride ‘ Woody’s 🙂

At present, as far as I’m aware, it’s only open on Friday to Sunday but it’s worth a day there, also no cafe at present so bring your own pasty 😉

Pz_Steve

Just to say: we went, we rode, we didn’t die!

Ace place. There’s still obviously a lot of scope for development (only a couple of portaloos, nowhere to even get a cold drink, etc), but it’s really early days and the vibe was excellent. Really friendly and easy going.

The riding was great too. The runs are quite short, but the uplift is really quick (only 1 bus running yesterday, but even if it was pulling out as you got to the bottom, it was back again in 5 minutes).

Whether it’s worth it for a whole day probably depends on your riding preference and boredom threshold. We rode 10:00 to 3:00 and would probably have kept going if i hadn’t had to go to work, but the car park did empty out through the afternoon. I’d say if you want lots of long, flowing trails and don’t want to go over the same ground then maybe not. If you’re either there for the jumps (which looked great and were very popular) or looking to build up confidence from a low-ish base then there’s easily a day’s riding.

Pro-line was closed, btw.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Woody's Bike Park – anyone tried it?’ is closed to new replies.