Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Woodcock coast to coast ride – anyone considered doing it in a day?
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

A bit of a monster ride really and one for the long distancists. But anyone considered doing this in one long ride?

Started thinking about it on my commute this morning and got all goosebumpy like I do when I’ve had a stupid idea but feel the need to give it a try…..

postierich
    Free Member

Doing it in 3 days this weekend thought that was daft enough!

uplink
    Free Member

175 miles across the Lakes, Dales & NYM? in a day?

good luck 🙂

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

well it’s 210 actually. 😉

Found a guy on google search who did it in 28 hours last year.

I was actually thinking of 36 hours. so not technically a day. just non-stop.

the-muffin-man

Or you could take your time and enjoy the scenery and the ride!! 😉

uplink
    Free Member

well it’s 210 actually.

must get myself a new bike computer

I guess it depends which route you take though as you can’t [unless you’re SFB] follow Woodcock’s route

Paceman
    Free Member

Madness, I did it over 4 days and it was still a tough ride, fantastic scenery though and a huge variety of trails. 😀

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

does woodcock’s route go over cjheeky trails then? I was just getting that distance from here: http://www.the7ds.com/seven-deadly-spins/english-coast-to-coast-7ds5-141

I think you woould still enjoy the scenery (notwithstanding the dark bits) and the ride (including the dark bits).

uplink
    Free Member

does woodcock’s route go over cjheeky trails then?

no sorry, it doesn’t – I don’t think

I was mixing the name up with Wainwright

Paceman
    Free Member

Isn’t Woodcock’s C2C Route an MTB route adapted from Wainwright’s long distance walking route?

20thebear
    Free Member

Have a word with the guys at the Dale Bike Centre. They usually get all the people doing the C2C records going through there at silly o’clock. Are you looking to do it unsupported? I.E going for a record, or just as a steady ride out?

I have a friend who did C2C2C unsupported. He slept in hedges/rough, then raced the UK singlespeed champs at Dalby. He didn’t win that year!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Woodcock coast to coast ride – anyone considered doing it in a day?’ is closed to new replies.