Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wood stove installers – Borders
  • franksinatra

Haven’t the time or experience to do any of this myself, so looking for a recon,end action for suppliers and fitters of wood burning stoves in Edinburgh or, preferably, Borders.

Any first hand experience?

Ta

nc21

Frank. John at stovedesigns.co.uk based nr Moffat is someone I’ve worked alongside. I know he travels to Edinburgh so would imagine anywhere in borders would be poss

donald
    Free Member

There’s a woodburner shop in Melrose. I’ve no direct experience of it but I thought the owner talked sense when I was browsing. Might be worth having a chat with him.

br
    Free Member

Chap is Melrose is very good, but IME premium prices.

We’ve just had Thermaheat (ask for Ian) in Kelso do ours. Good prices and superb workmanship, really happy. Where are you?

franksinatra

Thanks for that. In Melrose but Kelso easy enough.

brickwizard
    Free Member

Abbey stove centre in Jedburgh sells them and installs stoves.
    One of my biking buddies installs them too

br
    Free Member

fs – do you MTB also, I’m just ‘behind’ you (behind the Eildons)?

Woody
    Free Member

b r

That looks very similar to the set-up I’m considering as it appears a previous owner has removed/blocked most of the original chimney, although I have a bedroom above rather than open space. Does yours go to the roof or through the wall?

If you don’t mind me asking, how much roughly would I be looking at for a similar set-up installed as I would be going for a fairly inexpensive burner as I have a relatively small space to heat.

Cheers (email in profile if you don’t want prices on here)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wood stove installers – Borders’ is closed to new replies.