Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Wood Flooring & Beading
  • Kryton57

Is there such thing as good looking beading?

Having (perhaps stupidly)had 2 rooms replastered THEN discovered that our 8″ deep skirting boards go down to the original floorboards, I’m loathe to pull of the skirting an have to redo the plaster/paint, remove newly painted rads etc.

Got an expert coming tomorrow, but I’d like to be more educated before I look even more of an idiot in front of him.

??

trail_rat
    Free Member

Id sooner spend a life time undercutting the board with a bosch multi cutter or similar and chisel than use beading.

geoffj

Kryton57

Mrs K hates carpet, and stormed off to bed at 8pm last night when I suggested it…

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Mrs K hates carpet, and stormed off to bed at 8pm last night when I suggested it…

Ah, still remembers the carpet burns, then…. 😉

Kryton57

Ha ha

Having looked at the boards, which are pinned and screwed since 1903 😯 we’ve decided rather than to rip up the plaster to go for a very nice solid oak white beading. Its quite expensive but after its down you fill the tiny gap above the beading with caulk and then paint the beading and skirting together. Beacuse victorian boards have the “design” at the top you can buy a complimentary shape in the beading and the finished effect is actually rather good. It ends up looking like an all in one skirting board.

Filling the gaps with something elastic and painting over is the key.

wwaswas

these are supposed to be pretty reasonable for cutting skirting board to fit laminate;

http://www.axminster.co.uk/arbortech-arbortech-tuff-cut-blade-prod23535/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Wood Flooring & Beading’ is closed to new replies.