Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • wood burner installation advice…..can i?
  • fastindian
    Free Member

OK we live in a 13 year old house with the standard flue built into the cavity for a gas fire.

Can i get an adaptor so i can use the flue as the exhaust for a 4kw wood burner, or would i have to have an external flue fitted?

trekmate
    Free Member

Hi, I fitted a multifuel stove in feb of this year in my house(65 years old) then a friend asked me to fit one into his 15 year old house and we used an external flue.

br
    Free Member

First thing, get someone to check your flue.

We thought we’d do the same at our last house, newish house with a fireplace and flue – guy took one look up and said, No. Apparently it might be a hole but its certainly not a flue…

Bear
    Free Member
    wrightyson
    Free Member

Class 1 flue only! If it was just for a gas fire itll just be a bog standard copex which ain’t good enough. Do you have a fireplace and is there a chimney up in t roof?

totalshell

as above .. you need a class 1 flue ( what that looks like is a brick built chimney on the inside, if when looking up its made of cast concrete blocks or you can see a steel corrugated liner its NOT class 1)

Bear
    Free Member

According to part j you can use flue blocks.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yes you can use flue blocks or standard 225 clay liners but they obviously need to be in place now!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘wood burner installation advice…..can i?’ is closed to new replies.