Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Woo-hoo! Check out the weekend weather forecast :) What are your riding plans?
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

Yey! Sun … and more sun 🙂 For both Saturday and Sunday! Time to return the mudguards, overshoes, and thick gloves to the winter kit box, and head out for a final blaze of an Indian summer.

So, hilly 70 mile road ride with the speedy boys on Saturday, with lots and lots of climbing ‘cos it’s the only way I can keep up with them.

Might even dust of the barely used mountain bike on Sunday for a long ride over Conwy mtn and the Carneddi.

Bring on the weekend … am getting excited already!

What are your weekend riding / climbing / generally having fun plans???

stumpy01

Busy day Saturday taking car for some new front tyres, helping a friend shift some kitchen appliances & finishing off shopping for my OH’s birthday. Plus, now I have a road bike, I wanna get the Inbred back to a proper off-road state, rather than the on road/off road compromise it has been. Then there’s the shed roof that needs fixing up, as it leaks quite badly…

Once that’s done I plan on getting miles in on the road bike – still getting used to it, so think i’ll go for a 30 mile loop or so. It’ll only be my second time out on it…

fatboyjon

Working all day tomorrow, then off to my mate’s 2 year old son’s birthday party, big extended family meal tomorrow evening and a Christening on Sunday morning/early afternoon.

Looks like I’ll be riding in the dark at daft o’clock on Sunday morning then. Hey ho.

binners

I’ve got 2 mates coming over tomorrow, who I’ve not ridden with for years. Going to do a big loop taking in Cragg, then Lee Quarry.

Can’t wait! 😀

I’m going to take the Intense out for the first time in months, as its been somewhat sidelined by the hardtail this ‘summer’. Which reminds me…. I must remember to check suspension pressures and stuff tonight.

thepodge
    Free Member

Finish work at lunch, if the fog has lifted I’ll go exploring new trails, if it’s not lifted probably the same peak district route I’ve been doing for years

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Getting married on Saturday.

Gonna try and sneak a cheeky ride out on Sunday.. 🙂

Hells

Unfortunately I’ll be spending most of my weekend sorting my stuff for moving hous!! 🙁

But on the plus side, I’m off to see Jedi on Monday for some skills training (this was arranged bfore I found out I had to move)!! 😀

Sue_W
    Free Member

Teetosugars – congratulations!

Sympathies to those who are working / DiYing etc, and happy smiles to all of you who get a chance to get out for a ride 🙂

Binners – isn’t it weird to be getting summer bikes / kit out in October!!!

atlaz
    Free Member

Took yesterday afternoon off work for a road ride, tomorrow morning it’s going to be a couple of hours of XC then Sunday, back on the road.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Peak District ride Saturday, probably one of @pook’s routes 🙂

Yorkshire Dales walk Sunday

Fingers crossed the traffic north on M40/42 Friday and south Sunday won’t be too bad.

@Hells, get an early night Sunday, don’t wear yourself out before Monday, it’s intense in a very good way.

badllama
    Free Member

Rivi and a bit of the Witton Weavers Way hopefully, just hope the weather holds out this time last time got all the way up and the mist rolled in and then it pi$$ down 🙄

binners

Big congrats for tomorrow Teetosugars!!!! Enjoy the day!! 😀

Sue – it is indeed. it’ll still be filthy out there, but the poor thing is feeling very neglected. And I know having been riding the hardtail for months, the boingy bike will be a right laugh in some rare sunshine Can’t wait!! 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got the week off as holliday.

Unfortuantley the missus thinks I should clean the house over the weekend then go away, It’s going to rain the rest of the week so f*** that!

soma_rich
    Free Member

Pootle in the forest with Mrs_Soma. Possibly breakfast at the excellent Rosie Lee bakery in Brock.

D0NK

coughing and spluttering on the couch, interspersed with long bouts of meeting people from all over the world and shooting them in the face (mw3)
    if I can manage a half hour without coughing up a lung on sunday morning I may consider myself well enough to go for a pootle

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

date tonight with someone new, then working a bit tomorrow before another date with someone else new 😳

should be out with the bristol mtb club on sunday morning, and then who knows on sunday afternoon…

wozza180
    Free Member

Gonna be loosing my peaks virginity on saturday,looking foward to riding the beast , hopefully its worth the 4 1/2 hour drive to get there from Surrey. Leaving tonight but got a stop over at a mate’s in Nottingham,just hope the traffics clear later.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

You must have a different weather website to me…..Sunday looks cloudy and drizzly in Peaks area….

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Probably a ride around tunnel hill on sat, followed by getting my sherco sorted for a trial on sun.
    Why pedal through mud when you can twist the throttle on a 290 2 stroke. 😀

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Fast chaingang tomorrow morning. Forecast is for no wind so reckon it’ll be fast than usual – last time there was no wind, we were doing 25mph before the chaingang even started!

Sunday, longer social road ride, race squad meeting, dinner out at my fav restaurant – seafood and bellinis to celebrate end of the race season! 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Fixie stylee in That London for me all weekend..

I’ve borrowed my sisters jeans & cardie so no need to offer them up.

Ohhh I’ve also bought a new cap just for the occasion.

deus

Golspie and Learnie on saturday, Moray Monster on sunday.

looking forward to it.

r17anm
    Free Member

Heading up to the lakes not sure where yet normally go from stavely but would like to try something different its too easy to stick to what you know sometimes

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Swaledale & catching a bit of the Scott Trial while we’re at it.

flyingmonkeycorps

Mostly boring stuff on Saturday, but I’ll be pretending I’m all rad and gnar up at Wharncliffe on Sunday…

forge197
    Free Member

Coed tomorrow, having seen weather maybe an early one at Llandegla or Cannock.

roger_mellie

It’ll be good to see some sun for a change, but I doubt the trails will have even begun to think about drying out round ‘ere, so probably a route near Nailsworth on Sat which is described as ‘holds up well in the wet’ 🙂

MadPierre

Domestic stuff + replacing seals on my mates Boxxers on Saturday. Racing taking part in the Hopton charity Gravity Enduro on Sunday 🙂

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Mountain biking in the rain on Saturday, road biking in the rain on Sunday.

saxabar
    Free Member

Brain dry of ideas so the Marin it is. In fairness I haven’t done it this year. All welcome if you’re in the area – riding by 9!

Sue_W
    Free Member

saxabar – have fun on the Marin and wave if you see a wee lass riding past on the road with a group from the Rhos club 🙂 Am hoping that the Carneddi mtn’s will have dried up enough for a ride on Sunday!

paulx
    Free Member

Off to France on Saturday morning for the half term week.

France is where my ’92 Muddy Fox Courier now lives so that’s my trusty steed for the weekend.

bobbyatwork
    Free Member

Working sat then marshalling at the knock burn cx race…..hopefully it won’t be too wet…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Saturday is wasted flying to Nice. Sunday will be ripping up Finale Liguria!!!!!!

singletrackmind

Saturday at a friends 10th wedding anniversary do in Brighton.
    Sunday , well I have entered a 76 mile sportive from Chichester up to Midhurst , along to Petersfeild and back to Chi.
    However , the sarf coast weather for Start time Sunday looks horrendous at the moment. If its wet Im not going and will sit around eating biscuits and drinking tea most of the day.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Converted my Kaffenback from commute to CX this week, ready for my first CX race next weekend.

So this weekend I’ll be practicing riding in muddy fields and doing comedy dismounts and running mounts 🙂

Hopefully get out on the roadie on Sunday too, unless I can talk a mate into a MTB ride.

saxabar
    Free Member

Sue – will do. Are you heading up via the Ugly House? One of my favourite road climbs in the area. Been up on the Carneddi today for a quick spin. It’s not too bad. I’m guess the wind has played a role in drying it out!

johnny

Local (Chilterns) mudplugging on Saturday, sticking to “winch up/ charge down” areas near Watlington, to avoid the biggest puddles…

Sunday is undecided- Where do we think holds up in the wet best, out of Cwmcarn, Woburn, Rogate and UK Bike Park !!??

godzilla
    Free Member

Watching a bit of the Scott trial tomorrow morning, then up lift day at Hamstery Sunday.

zanelowe
    Free Member

Good luck for for tomorrow Teetosugars, I’m going to sherwood pines tomorrow, doing the blue run with the wife and son then the red run alone,on sunday i’m doing about 25 miles on the trans pennine trail,

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Woo-hoo! Check out the weekend weather forecast :) What are your riding plans?’ is closed to new replies.