Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Wonderful, wonderful places
  • SaxonRider

As a foil to the thread Miserable, miserable places, I propose this:

On traveling South from Dolgellau on the A487, one of the most beautiful roads in Britain, you see the majestic Tal y llyn:

john_drummer
    Free Member

Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada. It really is that colour:

If you ever go anywhere near the Boulder Trail at Stainburn, you’ll cross this if coming from the south – Lindley Wood Reservoir:

Harry_the_Spider

St. Ives, Cornwall.

Ambleside.

More about the memories than the place but I can’t wait to get back to either of them.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s the pollution that gives the sky that beautiful hue. 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

On traveling South from Dolgellau on the A487, one of the most beautiful roads in Britain, you see the majestic Tal y llyn

My wife and I stayed in Bala, not far from Dolgellau, for a week last year, wonderful part of the world. Bala is one of the last places where Welsh is till sthe first language apparently.

chakaping
    Free Member

Cumbria, England…

donsimon
    Free Member

Wrexham, you have to really know it to understand the beauty, some of the best people in the world.

My wife and I stayed in Bala, not far from Dolgellau, for a week last year, wonderful part of the world. Bala is one of the last places where Welsh is till sthe first language apparently.

You’ll find it spoken quite widely pretty much from Bala north and from Bala west, in fact Welsh is spoken quite a lot in North Wales.

grannygrinder
    Free Member

Crieff Dam and the surrouding area in Scotland is pretty awesome, no idea how to post a pic though 🙄

backhander
    Free Member

Nelson, BC.
    Words don’t do it justice, I cannot remember being so happy just to be in a place.

SaxonRider

backhander – Member
    Nelson, BC.
    Words don’t do it justice, I cannot remember being so happy just to be in a place.

I agree. Nelson is lovely. It reminded me a bit of a Swiss village.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Clovelly.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Dove Lake, Tasmania

Jervis Bay, NSW

The Shire

Edukator
    Free Member

Quite nice at home

SaxonRider

I was thinking more about British locations than ‘foreign’ ones, but since people have ventured beyond these shores, another breath-taking spot is St-Benoît-du-lac monastery with Owl’s Head mountain in the background. This is south of Montréal in the Eastern Townships.

billysugger
    Free Member

Killarney-West coast of Ireland

AD

Cairngorm Plateau anyone… 🙂

There is a great route in last months Singletrack.

Klunk
    Free Member
    billysugger
    Free Member

noteeth
    Free Member

St Mary’s and All Saints Church, Broomfield, Quantock Hills.

My (paternal) grandparents are buried there – and I often visit, both physically and in me ‘ead.

billysugger
    Free Member

sweez
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member

lovely place, tried to persuade my ex to go there last month…he wouldn’t go, and he ended the relationship that week, his loss, I’m off there tomorrow 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Can I come instead then?  🙂

I have ancestral roots in that area. Never bin though. Must do one of these days.

DezB
    Free Member

Mammoth Lakes. The place has it all.

iDave
    Free Member

Tranarossan in Donegal

sweez
    Free Member

Elf you’re welcome, I need to meet people to ride with 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Elf only likes london (you know, without the capital) He’d be frightened to venture far away, speshly North, with a capital N.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Ardnamurchan:

Sanna Beach by Evil Goat, on Flickr

Loch Morar

Bliss. by Evil Goat, on Flickr

Patagonia

paso john gardner by Evil Goat, on Flickr

I can think of more places I love than hate.

sweez
    Free Member

thanks essel, Mmm he’s one of those errr Southern types… he he well I suppose tempting them is fun but we like to keep up here to ourselves anyway 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Glen Etive…

The Highlands, between Kinlochleven & the Lairig…

Almost any beach in Goa…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elf only likes london (you know, without the capital) He’d be frightened to venture far away, speshly North, with a capital N.

That’s what your narrow ignorant little mind tells you.

I’ve bin further north than owt in the British Isles, Sonny Jim. 😉

And a good deal further south than Croydon. 😯

Ooh I fancy Cucumber all of a sudden. I don’t know why.

sweez
    Free Member

See you up here soon elf 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Actually I will be heading that way at some stage in the not too distant. Who you wanna get in touch with is Kevevs off here; he lives up in Llandudno, and there’s a few bods off here up around that way, SueW is one for sure. Kev knows routes and stuff.

I’ve got pics of me up that way, but I don’t have the means to post them here unfortunately. Love North Wales though, beautiful part of England….

My craving for Cucumber has passed, like a ship in the night.

spacemonkey

Bala? My missus has grandfolks in that neck of the woods – farming I believe. And the old fella is the other side of 80 and still working every day! Must be the air!

Still haven’t made it across to there even though we go in and around Chester a few times a year. Really need to take the bike and my own car and just disappear for the odd day or two. Looking at SaxonRider’s pic, I really need to make this happen.

sweez
    Free Member

Thanks Elf, I’ll do that 🙂

djc1245
    Free Member

Gerainger Fjord

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im quite lucky , as I love being where i am, on the Isle of Wight. Nothing particularly outstanding on its own, but the whole really is greater than the sum of its parts.

piha
    Free Member

Piha Beach

(not my photo)

Skye

(not my photo either)

iDave
    Free Member

Hard to beat a bit of Mongolia for wonderfulness…

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Wonderful, wonderful places’ is closed to new replies.