Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • won a frame on ebay, cheap courier who'll do pick up?
  • kimbers

parcel monkey is churning out 90 quid plus!

cheers!

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Paisley freight. 22.50 for a full bike…

fudge9202
    Free Member

My hermes?

duncancallum

Where is it?

kimbers

manchester!

cheers

myhermes have it for a fiver!

mcnultycop

Manchester to where?

kimbers

milton keynes

mcnultycop

Ah. I travel with work and live in Manchester, but not to Milton Keynes, I’m afraid.

adam_h
    Free Member

I suspect it’ll be too big for Hermes. Parcel force? Had a couple of frames collected recently and it only cost about £20 for next day

cchris2lou

parcel2go.com

senditnow.com

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I’m going to Bedford down the M1 friday morning from Wolverhampton (would be at newport pagnall services about 7am, now just need someone to get it to Wolves? 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

I can collect from manchester and take it to the Lake district so it can see some proper mountains before it heads down South 😉

All sensible answers have been given.

pirahna
    Free Member

adam_h – Member
    I suspect it’ll be too big for Hermes. Parcel force? Had a couple of frames collected recently and it only cost about £20 for next day

I posted a large Cotic Solaris to someone on here using MyHermes.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Weird on parcelmonkey, sent frame with them yesterday for less than £20. Otherwise Paisley or parcel2go

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Paisley Freight…used them recently to send a bike and they were great. Was recommended them off of here.
    Couldn’t fit bike in one boxbox soso usedused 2, this was no problem for them(after quick email)

duncancallum

Hmmm. I’m close to Manchester.

I’m sure some one must be doing a drive some where. If it helps if You are mega stuck or getting hassle about picking it up. drop me a line n I’ll grab it for you.

I’m only going as far as Cheshire soon though in the way of heading south.

kimbers

cheers for the offers guys

its an old jump frame thats cost me 18 quid on ebay plus 6 quid with myhermes

im only really buying it to use my (obsolete) 26inch wheel bits and have a muck about bike

adam_h
    Free Member

I posted a large Cotic Solaris to someone on here using MyHermes.

Fairy nuff! Once packaged, the ones I sent exceeded their max parcel size.

Potdog
    Free Member

Had the same problem with MyHermes last year. Was over max overall size, but I guess it depends on the frame.

kimbers

i think itll just fit within the limits

(ive sent a dh frame with them b4 and it was just under)

ill find out on thursday!

stevedoc
    Free Member

Where abouts in Manchester and where abouts in Milton Keynes , reason being I work for a local parcel carriers and we cover both areas daily , crowfoots carriers DOt co DOT uk

munkster
    Free Member

Depends on the box you use IME. I’ve performed surgery on full bike boxes (which is all a packet of HobNobs seems to get me these days 🙁 ) to get the “girth” down to the acceptable number for ParcelForce (or Hermes) but it’s a pain.

I’ve used Paisley Freight twice now, great because they will “uplift” from a safeplace if you’re not there as long as you leave appropriate instructions.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Should be fine, I sent a large bandit frame in a proper bike box with my hermes without any problem

Northwind

I sent my dh frame with myhermes, in a pretty generous box too. But a lot of XC frames would be bigger.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Just in case anybody uses the search function and finds this thread for recommendations, I’m going to retract mine for Parcelmonkey above.
    Paid for 24H service, took 48H to arrive. Not a big deal but reasonable to expect they might refund the extra they charge for the faster service. Supposedly not, they will only provide “compensation” where the delay has been longer than 5 days, therefore no real point in paying for a faster service and certainly don’t use them if in a rush.

Interestingly Parcelforce (who took the parcel) provide a 50% refund if they fail to deliver a 24H service, makes you wonder if Parcelmonkey claim the refund from Parcelforce and pocket it themselves rather than passing on to the customer.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘won a frame on ebay, cheap courier who'll do pick up?’ is closed to new replies.