Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Women eh ? You paid HOW MUCH !!!!!
  • oldfart

Wife just shown me a pair of shoes and a handbag she just bought .Instead of saying how much they were straight off i had to hear all the bloody waffle about how much they were then yadd yadda yadda .I said just tell me how much for chrissake !£50 i repeat £50 for shoes and a frickin' bag !Could have bought a new XT Cassette with that and still had change ! 😈

simonralli2
    Free Member

Aren't a pair of Addidas trainers around £50? Doesn't seem excessive to me? Apologies if I am missing the point that it isn't expensive and it is just the fact that there is £50 less available to Oldfart to buy unnecessary bike bling.

JB
    Free Member

Shoes AND a bag!!!… I'd say you got off lightly there!!!

Houns

That's cheap

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

YOu mrs has cheap tastes.

$680 list price Manolo Blahnik

DrT
    Free Member

Shoes and a bag for £50! And she makes a big deal out of how expensive they were! I think your having the wool pulled over your eyes here, youd best go looking for the missing zero from the price tag.

clareymorris

………..my guess is they were more expensive and she got them in the sale for £50.

I really can't see what you are complaining about – were you feeling grumpy already?!

Andy

Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Dont you love it when the old folk rant…..

EDIT: Oldfart earlier

skiboy
    Free Member

yep got off real light,

i spent £150 on 2- 180mm x 18mm grade 2 Ti billets yesterday and my misses never said a word, proof that if you let her have what she wants
    you can get away with murder, she's even excited about the impending arrival of my blue bfe !! 😛

radoggair
    Free Member

got off very lightly i think. My misses got a lovely pair of Jimmy Choo's for her 21st whilst in New York. Lets just say that those Manolo Blahnik's were cheap in comparison!!

mboy
    Free Member

YOu mrs has cheap tastes.

$680 list price Manolo Blahnik

LOL

My Sister (thank God she's my sister, she's gonna make someone a VERY poor man one day though) has a pair of those Christian Louboutin heels, all black but red leather soles, that whatshername the swimmer that won 2 golds at the last Olympics said she was gonna treat herself too…

Don't think there was much, if any, change from £500!

She also has an £800 handbag!

Both items she uses/wears pretty much all the time too, so at least I suppose she's getting some milage out of them…

Oldfart, I'd say you got off VERY lightly… Besides, my Winter MTB boots were £120, my trainers £60, my Merrell Hiking boots were £85, and my Camelbak was £60… Mind you though, each of these items gets used a hell of a lot too…

oldfart

Andy didn't think it would take long !How be on young 'un !

I get the shoes thing .Practical but how many bags does a woman need for blinkin' flips sake !!!!
    Before anyone mentions how many bikes does a bloke need thats different ! 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

From personal experience (wife could be a professional shopper) around 100 pairs of shoes and 4 large stacker boxes filled with handbags, plus her regular work, daytime, night-time, going out, shopping & weekend bags is about the norm 😆

JB
    Free Member

oldfart – Member

I get the shoes thing .Practical but how many bags does a woman need for blinkin' flips sake !!!!
    Before anyone mentions how many bikes does a bloke need thats different !

I think the theoretical formula is the same for bicycles…

n+1 = Correct number of bicycles a man should own!!!

HansRey

my mate's girlfriend goes on trips to edinburgh, milan and paris with her wealthy parent's card. He said she spent more in a day than he had in his bank account, including overdraft. Eek.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

£50 for shoes and a bag? – count your blessings!

angryratio
    Free Member

50 quid is nowt.
    Women seem to think nothing of dropping "100 its for a special event" quids once a month at least.

They still look shite covered in slush in the big market so why bother. I don't get it.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Just wait till your missus starts buying boots average £120 & thats cheap, my mrs has about 7 pairs, think I deserve some new 5 10s and waterproof trousers!

5thElefant
    Free Member

I checked with my Mrs. Apparently shoes start at £100. No idea what you Mrs bought. Socks?

Houns

My last pair of shoes cost nearly the same as my new bike

KT1973
    Free Member

That sounds like a bargain to me.
    My missus cant seem to find lunch for £50

ampthill

Here s a quote from a colleague

Once I realised he'd spent £4000 on a bike then I felt that it was fine to spend that on shoes

joolsburger
    Free Member

My good lady has 5 Mulberry bags I don't want to know exactly how much but I reckon more than my bike.

Nico
    Free Member

I believe that those Uggs that all the kids are wearing cost over £100. I think £50 for shoes alone would be about average.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Let's hope the women of Britain will buy our way out of recession!

grantway
    Free Member

Bloody cheap Mrs last week cost me £ 220 for a pair of
    shoes and a hand bag.

Karinofnine

Um, would anyone like a wife? I own one handbag which I got from a charity shop, my most expensive (non-biking) footwear was £99 for a pair of dog-walking boots (warm and waterproof – I NEED them – really). I haven't got an "other half" but if I did I wouldn't dream of expecting him to pay for my stuff. Dear STW collective, what am I doing wrong?

AndyP
    Free Member

£50 is ridiculously cheap. Was in a horrible birds' shoes shop with my mrs, she was spending an obscene amount on shoes (well, about the same as I spent on my Easton Attack TT bars. That's fair enough on bike stuff, but shoes…??!)
    Anyway, when I buy shoes, the person at the till asks if I want spare laces, or dubbin to go with them. This one asked her if she wanted any handbags to go with her shoes. Quick glance across at my reaction answered that one…

5thElefant
    Free Member

Um, would anyone like a wife? I own one handbag which I got from a charity shop, my most expensive (non-biking) footwear was £99 for a pair of dog-walking boots (warm and waterproof – I NEED them – really). I haven't got an "other half" but if I did I wouldn't dream of expecting him to pay for my stuff. Dear STW collective, what am I doing wrong?

Recheck your underpants. You must be a bloke. 😉

domino

Oldfart – think yourself lucky, not only do I have 3 bikes but many handbags (the Mulberry one was the price of a bike frame). Two expensive hobbies 😉

ononeorange

Checked with my mrs. At least 100 -150 for a pair of shoes. I did buy her a pair of overshoes this week though for the mud, and they were less than that.

mattp
    Free Member

"I believe that those Uggs that all the kids are wearing cost over £100"

mrs mattp has bought two pairs of those manky old boots and they're £200 a time. i know because she used my card!!!!

Karinofnine

5th Elephant

Checking my underpants:

Just a few tired old moths, but wait! here's a note! oh, it's in Latin . .

LOL

Trekster

I have a Ragley
    My wife has a selection of; radley

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Just as a matter of interest, what do you think would be a reasonable price for shoes and a bag?

mamadirt
    Free Member

£150 for a pair of Five Tens and a Timbuc 2 bag.

£25 for a pair of 'going out shoes' and something to put the beer money in 😉

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Coyote
    Free Member

I bought a nice pair of Red or Dead boots just before Christmas. £120. Mrs. Coyote just got some Fly boots for £150 and very nice they are too. Good footwear ain't cheap. If the good Captain happens upon this thread he will probably make your eyes water with his recommendations.

£50 for shoes and a bag? That's not expensive dude, thats below ballpark.

kiwijohn

Even I've spent a lot more than that on shoes. My wedding suit cost twice as much as the wifes dress. But I have worn it a few times since.
    And Karin if I wasn't half a world away and already married…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Women eh ? You paid HOW MUCH !!!!!’ is closed to new replies.