Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Women drivers!!
  • rmacattack
    Free Member

I don’t care if it sounds sexist. FYI I know a few who are good drivers.
    Four scenarios today with women drivers at the wheel. 32 mile round trip. faffing along around 40 mph or below, b road. (no ice on roads here yet, water on road, not raining). then last second on the brakes to turn in then indicator after they have begun turn. slow down to 5mph or so to take forever to make the turn.
    only i allow good distance i have time to adjust and prepare,i know lots that don’t.
    for gods sake drive at a decent speed. let us know you plan to turn, then make the bloody turn instead of coming to a near stop mid turn.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Hobnob, anyone?

martinhutch

wrong forum. pressed send to quick

Just trying to make progress, I don’t blame you. 🙂

martinhutch

Teetosugars – Member
    Hobnob, anyone?

Do I get the tea and two sugars as well?

BoardinBob

And of course men are faultless behind the wheel

cinnamon_girl

FYI I know a few who are good drivers.

Yes, that does sound sexist. 😐

kayla1
    Free Member

New cars + ‘bought’ on a monthly plan = terrified of everything else on the road in case of a small prang that ends up costing them an arm and a leg when the three years are up.

It’s not just women, it’s every arsehole with a new car on the never never.

km79
    Free Member

Is this your pitch for the Transport Department in Trumps new organisation? You may need to try harder, were any of them brown?

wwaswas

wrong forum. pressed send to quick

‘too’

Still, back to the misogyny.

cinnamon_girl

kayla1 – I find those in German ‘rent-a-cars’ the worst.

rmacattack
    Free Member

All german cars coincidentally. yes i only know a few personally. men crash lots but in this scenario it was only women at fault. grammar police i dont care its a forum not a formal document.

wwaswas

men crash lots but in this scenario it was only women at fault.

Perhaps the thread title could change to;

“Some Men and Some Women Drivers!! But all women on this specific occasion!”

?

jimjam
    Free Member

My wife consistently gets better mpg out of the car than I do. Even when I try. She can’t park for shit though.

martinhutch

Does she go in the car, or hang on until she gets home?

scotroutes

Do they go well with camomile tea?

kayla1
    Free Member

I find those in German ‘rent-a-cars’ the worst

😆

“rent-a-car” – I’m nicking that!

“Some Men and Some Women Drivers!! But all women on this specific occasion!”

Careful now! And also Down with this sort of thing!

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s the young and old ones who are the worst, maybe we could cull them first..

kayak23

I find it’s the young, middle aged and old women, and men that are the worst.

Markie
    Free Member

Apropos of nothing, two men in a van almost merged into the side of my car on a roundabout, flipped me off and then, having burned past me on the dual carriageway, slammed on their brakes and crawled along in the outside lane so that at the point where I drew level with them (after another eight or so cars in front of me had undertaken them) they could hold up a hand-written sign saying ‘sorry for my shit car’.

I think they meant ‘sorry for your shit car’, but who knows…

Mine’s an old style Skoda Yeti, FWIW.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

badllama
    Free Member

Ok, well I have to admit I’ve seen good and bad in both sexs but WTF do they do at a petrol station after they pay and get back into the car??

Surly you have just to start car and drive away?
    Mystifies me! 😀

geetee1972
    Free Member

OP please tell me where you live so I can come and drive at 40 mph in front of you as well. Nothing would make me happier.

Dickyboy

it’s every arsehole with a new car on the never never.

on the basis of what my son did to his 14yr old mondeo last night, i think I’d rather occupy road space with new car arseholes myself

cinnamon_girl

My son used to adopt the ‘brace’ position in my car. Don’t understand why. 😆

mc
    Free Member

For a bit contrast, I was nearly hit head on by male drivers on two separate occasions this week, after they thought it would be ok to turn into a road by cutting the same corner.
    First had to swerve to avoid me, and the other had to slam on the brakes and reverse back after realising there was a lorry blocking his way. He looked rather sheepish as he demonstrated his lack of reversing skills.

And don’t get me started on the pair of idiots who’ve taken to parking cars almost overlapping our exit gate at work. If they do it when certain drivers* are taking lorries out the yard, we might get to see just how BMW 5-series and/or Mini bumpers fair against lorries.

*I use the term “drivers” very loosely. All I’ll say is they somehow have a driving license…

choppersquad
    Free Member

My wife’s a frickin awesome driver.
    Far better than me.
    She is literally the only woman I know though, who would go for a drive for fun.

Cougar

Ok, well I have to admit I’ve seen good and bad in both sexs but WTF do they do at a petrol station after they pay and get back into the car??

I was wondering exactly this on a packed garage forecourt tonight after I deliberately pulled in behind car at a pump because I saw the driver returning to it. Took about a fortnight to finally set off. It was a bloke though (y’know, for balance).

mechanicaldope

I think you are being very harsh on the OP. To be fair to women though, it is very hard for them to think about lipstick AND driving at the same time. Poor things…

scotroutes

Can you download and install new ones?

I think mine could do with an update.

revs1972
    Free Member

Followed a 66 plate Merc AClass down a narrow road with cars each side doing around 10 miles an hour with him ( yes him) slowing down to a walking pace to make sure he was clearing the cars.
    Quite frustrating being sat in the T5 which is at least 300mm wider and having no “clearance” issues at all

Sandwich

revs1972 Was it also dark? Some drivers just don’t have any night vision.

badllama
    Free Member

I was wondering exactly this on a packed garage forecourt tonight after I deliberately pulled in behind car at a pump because I saw the driver returning to it. Took about a fortnight to finally set off. It was a bloke though (y’know, for balance).

Cougar

It was me i was checking my makeup 😛

stumpy01

My commute would be a lot more pleasant if more of the drivers were women.

Its the aggressive blokes who think they own the road, cut you up, wait until the last minute to scythe off a main road exit, don’t indicate, pull out in front of you when there really isn’t room etc…..that make my commute shit.

Toddboy
    Free Member

No problem with women drivers…..

Until you sit behind them in traffic and they decide to do their hair…

or make up…

or answer their mobile for their oh so important phone call that they oh so must answer….

or from the times they are late to drop the kids off at school because of any of the above….

apart from that, I have no problem with women drivers.

😆

blurty

I run on the road most lunchtimes; I run ‘against’ the traffic as there is no pavement.

Women drivers generally don’t leave me much room at all – uncomfortably close to being clipped by their wing mirrors actually.

Men generally pull over onto the opposite carriageway and give me 1200mm/ 4′ or so.

Maybe it’s because men are risk takers, and women try to squeeze through in ‘their’ lane.

revs1972
    Free Member

revs1972 Was it also dark? Some drivers just don’t have any night vision.

No, broad daylight

wwaswas

I think you have to call them women, not broads.

cpon
    Free Member

On my commute I pass a lot of slow moving traffic, I see many people use their phones while driving, but without a doubt young women are the worst offenders for looking at their mobiles while driving.

popstar
    Free Member

My wife is one carefull driver, slow but steady. Myself, even slower … but somehow I arrive at destinations quicker. She gets 50mpg in a family car, which isn’t bad …. but that forces me to always *Italian tune it up* which I don’t really like to do.

Wish she went with me go-karting or something more serious. I guess that would improve her confidence. PalmerSport is local to us, but boy it’s not cheap.

Drac

The ones I find the worse are those in bagernomics cars as they don’t care about damaging them, the worst being those that drive French cars. Some of them might even be immigrants.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Women drivers!!’ is closed to new replies.