Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Women, chain mail and the FoD
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

I see all sorts when I go out round the woods in the evening. Counted 50+ deer one night. Boar in the 10's, some big foxes but never a big cat. Tonight I was rushing home to watch the Giro, going hard on the family trail when what should bring me to a halt was a woman, a pretty one, on a horse. Nothing unusual there but she had chain mail on! So did 3 others. The 20 person film crew looked surprised to see a cyclist on a cycle trail. The moved very politely but the horses were not so keen. I did tell them that horses don't like bikes but no, they knew best. Cue lots of swearing at horses by riders. Filming Merlin I'm told. Wonder if they had gravel tracks in those days. doubt they had wooden posts with tyre marks carved in them.

zangolin
    Free Member

FoD is a stunning place. Managed to get a flash of a Boar the other night over near Dowies. The Bluebells over near the Venice track were stunning – carpets of them as far as the eye could see.

I'll keep a look out for the Lady of The Lake at Cannop ponds!

tazzymtb

they've filmed bits of merlin and Dr who over at the puzzlewood in that area as well

mattsccm
    Free Member

Just up the gravel from the road below Dowies finish is a fave hangout for 2 sows and about a dozen humbugs. seen them there several times.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Women, chain mail and the FoD’ is closed to new replies.