Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • women and packing
  • bruneep

can of worms….

We (mr+mrs b) are off to that landan town tomorrow for 3 nights child free. I have manged to pack all I need into my cabin bag with ample space left, for her to dump her stuff in. 🙄

Mrs b however cannot grasp the fact we are only away for a short period and that there could be shops in the town we are off to. Must be 2 complete changes of clothes for every day and shoes a plenty, more toiletries and make up than superdrug have in stock. A list of unworn items will be noted and used for future evidence against her for the summer hols.

JAG

This is exactly what my wife does. She tells me that she needs several different options for each day. This is because she may not ‘feel’ like wearing somethings if the weather or physical and social conditions aren’t right!

I struggle with the concept she proposes – but smile appropriately 😆 8)

tomd
    Free Member

My wife typically packs ultra light, in fact I get her to prune my kit down for bike packing trips. Just for balance. Her best friend also is a master of light weight travelling, she scoffed at me for taking a 30l ruckack for a weekend. So basically you need a new wife, yours is faulty.

slowoldman

Ah, yours packs a can of worms too.

MoreCashThanDash

MrsMC packs the same way, but applies the same approach when packing for the kids as well. 3 nights away at her folks – who own a washing machine and tumble dryer in case of emergencies – requires two suitcases and two sports bags!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Mine puts every item of clean clothing she can find into laundry baskets. This, apparently, counts as packing.

emsz
    Free Member

some people like to be prepared for all outcomes. 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

can of worms

Fishing trip presumably.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

3 nights child free

A selection from AP.
    A selection from your chosen adult plaything provider.
    Toothpaste/brush (Assume the hotel will have soap etc provided).
    Bottle opener.

Simple, really.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

trot this one out again:

Week in greece in August:- 8 Cardigans. Unbe-frickin-lievable.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Fresh underwear for each day, plus an emergency pair?

zippykona

3 day trip to the NEC {bearing in mind we stay on site} required Mrs Zip to take 7 pairs of shoes.
    Even going to work requires the transportation of 3 pairs of shoes. I have tried to persuade her to leave them at the shop but for some unknown reason she won’t.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

My girlfriend’s cousin and her husband turned up for the annual family camping get together in two cars packed to the rafters. We are talking about a ford galaxy and a Mondeo here not a couple of fiat 500’s. This was for one nights camping. I packed less for 3 weeks touring in France.

johndoh
    Free Member

To be fair, if three nights away is such a treat, why not let her indulge and take whatever she wants without you nagging? Just a thought.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I just went away for the weekend, I chucked my big Evoc suitcase in with a random assortment of clothes and stuff that I might need. Way more than I needed but not really stressful….

Going to Melbourne for a few days tomorrow will probably do the same, might even throw a bike in too…

matt_outandabout

Fresh underwear for each day, plus an emergency pair?

What’s wrong with wearing inside out for an extra day’s use?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Go gay its the only way.

arcadian
    Free Member

I’m quite bad for this. I’ll just pile stuff into a kit bag regardless of how much I’ll need, then leave a bit of space for whatever my partner can’t fit into her bag. Never used to do it though, think I need to buy a smaller bag!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just get a bigger bag 😉

Just waiting for a bonus to get the matching terminal bag 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘women and packing’ is closed to new replies.