• This topic has 68 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by nonk.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Women and house rules?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Yesterday I narrowly avoided tripping over 2 pairs of shoes the wife had placed on the stairs. Took them off the stairs and put them in the porch by the front door where they have always been put. Wife has a go at me for cluttering the porch and puts the shoes in the wardrobe in the bedroom.

This morning I am about to go to the car and reaslise there are no shoes near the door so go back upstairs and find my shoes in the wardrobe. Put them on walk out to the car and get some stuff and return to the house. I slip off my shoes and put the stuff away. While I am doing this the wife puts my shoes back in the bl00dy wardrobe so when I need to go back to the car to get the second load I have to go back upstairs…

I ask what she is playing at and apparently it is all my fault!

I think I shall move into the garage and live a simple blokes life* 😉

*I suspect my wife would agree to this 🙁

wors

rag week?

glenh
    Free Member

Your wife needs to get out more is she thinks shoes in a wardrobe are a good idea.

Richie_B

Purposely made the shelves in our shed wide enough and chunky enough to sleep on just in case

mrsflash
    Free Member

Obviously she’s mental – we all are apparently 😉

(shoe rack in porch for trainer type shoes, smart shoes & boots in wardrobe)

sofatester
    Free Member

Kill her.

Stu

Wee in her shoes? Then she won’t put them in the wardrobe! 😆

Snigletrack
    Free Member

It’s a ‘wardROBE’, not a ‘wardSHOES’.

Good luck.

I converted the attic in my garage for this kind of situation – not too many shoes in the porch you understand, somewhere to sleep when she changes the locks.

Snigle
    :o)

ski
    Free Member

Sounds like my home WCA, I end up leaving my shoes outside, by the front door.

Now that, miffs her off no end 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

shoe rack by door .. blame the kids for any shoes that are out as they play with them

binners

I bet you leave the toilet seat up too, don’t you? You selfish inconsiderate bastard!!!!!!

🙂

bigsi
    Free Member

My other half has a similar rule but ends up leaving them lined up the side of the stairs so i fall over and twist my ankle every bl00dy time i come down the stairs, i swear she is trying to kill me 😕

My advice would be to start leaving your bike stuff all around the lounge and dining room (and if your brave enough the kitchen as well) that way you have something to bargain with when she complains about bike stuff every where 😉

5thElefant
    Free Member

If it wasn’t for the whole shagging blokes thing I think being gay would be much more popular.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

So what weird rules do your partners come up with?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

In defence of Mrs WCA, their house is immaculate, and the garage looks like a disaster zone. I suspect, without Mrs WCA to tidy up after him, the house would be just as bad.

Mind you, she did ‘tidy away’ my unfinished beer, once. That is indefensible…

bruneep

WorldClassAccident – Member

So what weird rules do your partners come up with?

She gets all wound up when I spend her money, apparently is hers 🙄

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

Mine insists on me putting the kettle back on the cradle, and also on putting that ridiculous throw on the bed that falls off the second you go under the duvet ‘because it looks nice’.

She’s been good generally though, I can make a pretty big mess before I get the back of her hand across my pearly whites.

dave_aber
    Free Member

MrsAber moves the stuff I’ve left lying around – normally about a foot from where I left it – and that’s tidy. If I move it a foot left before she comes in, she ‘tidys’ it back to where I left it.

Still, she lets me spend my money on whatever I want, as long as she gets some to play with, so that’s OK.

poppa
    Free Member

– Rules for eating toast at a communal breakfast –

1. One knife is denoted the butter knife and is used for transferring a portion of butter to your plate
    2. For each jar of jam there is a spoon, which is used for transferring a portion of jam to your plate.
    2a. Jam spoons may not be used for more than one jar.
    3. Each diner has a knife, denoted a personal knife
    4. The personal knife is used for spreading butter and jam upon your toast. AT NO POINT must the personal knife be used to retrieve butter or jam from their respective receptacles.
    4a. The exception to rule 4 is that Marmite may be both removed from the jar and spread with your personal knife.

WHY THE EXCEPTION FOR MARMITE?!? I DON’T UNDERSTAND ! ! ! !

wors

when mrswors puts things away, she shoves it into one cupboard, when i find out where she’s put it and open said cupboard it bloody attacks me there that much shite in it!!

aleigh
    Free Member

Mind you, she did ‘tidy away’ my unfinished beer, once. That is indefensible…

RudyBoy – that was to stop you from becoming intoxicated 😆

Mrs WCA is lovely – WCA, you’re just a man…….and an untidy one at that 😉

TortoiseOfDoom
    Free Member

Shoes on stairs? She’s trying to kill you.

Do her first.

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

poppa – Member
    – Rules for eating toast at a communal breakfast –

1. One knife is denoted the butter knife and is used for transferring a portion of butter to your plate
    2. For each jar of jam there is a spoon, which is used for transferring a portion of jam to your plate.
    4. The personal knife is used for spreading butter and jam upon your toast. AT NO POINT must the personal knife be used to retrieve butter or jam from their respective receptacles.
    4a. The exception to rule 4 is that Marmite may be both removed from the jar and spread with your personal knife.

You need to remove the poker from her backside and start enjoying breakfasts a bit more! ;o) All this butter and jam nonsense. I bet a jar of jam doesn’t hang around long enough in your home for the contaminated butter in it to go bad!

kinda666
    Free Member

mysterymurdoch – Member

Mine insists on me putting the kettle back on the cradle, and also on putting that ridiculous throw on the bed that falls off the second you go under the duvet ‘because it looks nice’.

We’ve got cushions that go on the bed that then have to come off the bed when we get in!
    Why ffs??

glenh
    Free Member

There are some interesting wives out there it seems.
    Mine hardly ever tidys anything up.

And her bike is in the dining room.

jojoA1
    Free Member

glenh – Member
    There are some interesting wives out there it seems.
    Mine hardly ever tidys anything up.

And her bike is in the dining room.

I think my partner has a log in that I don’t know about, cos that’s me that is… except that my bike is in the kitchen.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

RudyBoy – that was to stop you from becoming intoxicated

That’s all well and good, but it was a bottle of Itchen Valley beer.

Which makes it a far, far more serious crime.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

PS; Mrs WCA is, as Aleigh quite rightly says, lovely!

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

There is a rumour, apparently called scientific fact that a womans brain works differently.
    Personaly I always try to put things in the same place, that way I know where they are. Women are supposed to be more visual so putting things down in random places were there is an empty space doesnt stress them out.

Odd really …. IT DOES MY HEAD IN!!!!

falkirk-mark

Rules for eating toast at a communal breakfast –

OCD

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I would like to add that MrsWCA is indeed lovely.

She keeps me in order, the house is always well kept without a neurotic twist to it, she is friendly to my friends and very understanding when I invited 40 random STWers round for a party without telling her.

Still mad as a box of frogs though

😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Heh! She must be- she married you!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Mrs Dummy can only be induced to tidy up after herself at all when we have visitors, and she then “tidies up” by taking all traces of my presence in the house and hiding them in random cupboards. Washing clothes is something that only I have the privilege of doing, although she retains complaint and criticism rights.

🙂

aleigh
    Free Member

There is a rumour, apparently called scientific fact that a womans brain works differently

Yes – our brains are normal unlike mens 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

😯

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

Smee
    Free Member

WCA – Rookie Error.

You should have slipped on the shoes, broke something then used that as emotional blackmail fr the rest of your life.

Amateur.

nickc

Poppa, if that’s real, why on earth do you put up with that kind of shite? Life’s too short for all that.

binners

It must get worse as they get older. My mum has our little ‘un one day a week. This involves her being in Binners Towers, unhindered, for a number of hours.

Sometimes, when I get in from work, I think I’ve walked into someone elses house. Not just obsessive tidying, but re-arranging kitchen cupboards, moving furniture, that kind of thing.

It gets very confusing

BigDummy
    Free Member

Many women, in my experience, want to use MrsPoppa’s system for butter and jam handling. I suspect she is “correct” in a finishing school sense.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Women and house rules?’ is closed to new replies.