Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Woman In Black – child content….
  • Anyone seen it and if so, would it scare the crap out of an 11yr old girl?

Daughter wants to go with her b/f tomorrow, but we are unsure.

emsz
    Free Member

scared the crap out of me and me little brov

rhid

I hid under my coat while watching, think I saw around 1/3 of it. Terrifying…….

jam-bo

The A stands for ‘accompanied’ and ‘advisory’.  ’12A’ means that anyone aged 12 or over can go and see the film unaccompanied.  Children younger than 12 may see the film if they are accompanied by an adult (eg someone over the age of 18), who must watch the film with them. 

Are you going too then?

Jeez, wondered how long it would take jam bo – 3 replies, not quite a STW record, but well done anyway.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I thought it was a bit hyped up to how scary its supposed to be, so was not enthralled by it, however an 11 girl will find it scary judging by the screams of the teenage girls at every given opportunity 🙄

davidjones15
    Free Member

She’s going with the boyfriend, she’ll be fine.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I would deem it unsuitable on the basis that it’s crap. On a more serious note, its probably a bit jumpy for an 11 year old. It’s not a horror film that is particularly gory, it hasnt any seriously bad language, and there is no real Violence. It’s themes refer to suicide and death quite heavily. It gets it’s scares from making the crowd jump, building up suspense with music and atmosphere before a big bang. It is still crap though.

Coyote
    Free Member

I really enjoyed it and, yup is made me jump like a Mexican Bean! There’s nothing mad gory or violent but not sure if a couple of 11 y/o kids would be entirely OK with it. But, you know your daughter better than the rest of us.

Decided against it judging by the trailers – but thanks for your replies.

She’s not happy, but tough.

falkirk-mark

My 12 y.o. daughter told me it was really scary.She said she enjoyed it though.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Daniel Radcliffe himself was on Radio 2 the other day saying that he definitely couldn’t recommend taking an under 12 to see it.

nick1962
    Free Member

11 year old with a b/f 😯

mrlugz
    Free Member

I took the eldest (12) fr his birthday with a few of his mates just last night. They had a few squeals between them, I though it was garbage.

No real fear or tension, just the odd ‘boo’ linked to a loud burst on the soundtrack and a quick camera cut.

They liked it though.

jam-bo

Jeez, wondered how long it would take jam bo – 3 replies, not quite a STW record, but well done anyway.

You asked a question, I highlighted a handy rating system that would have answered your question.

What’s the problem?

You know full well what the problem is jam bo – typical STW response to the ‘rules’.

In 22 weeks, she will be old enough to watch it – do you think her sensibilities will be massively different then to what they are now?

I asked a question, you chose to avoid the answer with a ride by on your high horse. How old were you when you first watched Nightmare On Elm St, or similar?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

STR – you’re coming across like you want a row.

I havent seen the film – so I cant help with that. If in doubt – go with what feels right and all that.

jam-bo

Meh.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

It’s not scary as such and tbh is quite shit. I still think about it a couple of weeks later though so dunno what that says.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Woman In Black – child content….’ is closed to new replies.