Posted as "Official" on the Facebook group but I can't voucher for its provenance;
"- The bike park will remain open, but due to tree felling activity and heavy machinery being present it is advised NOT TO RIDE THERE for at least 3 weeks.
- All dirt jumps have been flattened, and by the looks of it they are working there way up the hill into the DH areas too
- There is NOT ONE PERSON OR GROUP to blame - this was a collective negative against the park over many years, and was due to happen at some point
- Tree felling of dangerous trees in the bike park will start this week, unfortunately this has led to tracks and jumps being destroyed for access
- Most of the trees along the cliff edges are being removed, along with many scattered around the park (hence other parts being flattened)
- Please NO ONE do any digging/building in the park - this will be a WASTE OF TIME and will get demolished
- A proper COMMITTEE will be formed for the bike park, to ensure that future endeavours in the area will be governed, allowing positive progression for the park
- ALL IS NOT LOST!! its devastating too see that so many years of hard work can be pulled down in a day, but it was overdue, and now is the time to change the way things are done to prevent this from happening again!!
There will be a group of us locals that will correspond with the land owners and the greensands trust over the next few weeks to make a start on rebuilding!!
PLEASE ALL BE PATIENT AND IF WE WORK TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A BETTER BIKE PARK!!"