Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Woburn Conditions?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

I am planning on heading over tomorrow for a blast. I assume its nice and crunchy still?

oldgit
    Free Member

I’ll let you know, heading off for a night ride soon.

Jase
    Free Member

Not been up there but live < 2 miles away, all snow still here.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

im heading over tommorow too…. what time you heading over? we got snow here in stoke hammond.

cant be that bad tho 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

what time you heading over?

Driving from P’boro and hoping to leave about 9:30…so 10:30ish.

When you lot say snow, do you mean to the degree its unrideable or just a light dandruff of the stuff?

Jase
    Free Member

I reckon we had 6-8 inches.

Jase
    Free Member

Oh and more expected tonight.

oldgit
    Free Member

We’ve had a good dump, but it hasn’t frozen solid.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmm….is getting to the car park doable?

Had no snow at all down my way, so didn’t consider Woburn had a dump of it.

Trimix
    Free Member

Im planning on riding it on Xmas day, so hopefully it will be OK by then.

robbo1234biking

I would think it shouldnt be an issue to get there. The roads are fine around here if you take it easy. They had a good thaw today and are quite wet at the moment so if there is some more snow I doubt it would lay on the road surfaces. Might just want to check before you leave in the morning though!

Jamie
    Free Member

The roads are fine around here if you take it easy.

First gear with the foot to the floor right? 😉

I am just thinking about the big hill past all the swank houses upto the parking spot. If that is clear then its all good.

robbo1234biking

Where do you park? The road out of Woburn sands should be ok if you park up on the verge there. I usually ride over there from home so dont know much aout parking other than the ones on the verge!

Jamie
    Free Member

If you have ever seen where Jedi parks his van, its there. Top of Church Road I think.

Jase
    Free Member

We had 3 or more hours of snow after these pics were taken Saturday afternoon.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

i will be flying around tomoz but will be about 1pm. might see you up there then….

oldgit
    Free Member

Some of our trails still had virgin snow on them. The snow hasn’t frozen yet so the goings not bad at all. So everything is ridable.

rbrstr
    Free Member

I found it impossible yesterday, really energy sapping stuff. not much of a thaw going on and more forecast tomorrow, but i’ll give it a try regardless 12:30 ish, will say hi if i see anyone 🙂
    i’d park at the bottom of church hill, cant imagine you’ll get up it at the moment

oldgit
    Free Member

We’ve had another light dusting tonight.

Jamie
    Free Member

Thanks for the updates. Going to make an executive decision tomorrow morn. As might just not be worth it if it’s going to be a slog to drive and ride. 🙁

Jase
    Free Member

No more snow yet but forecast says some due 9ish.

Jamie
    Free Member

Well I, and the mate I am coming down with, are deciding at 9, so any updates handy. Will probably park at the bottom of church road or sandy lane to be on the safe side if we came over in case we get stuck up there 😉

Jase
    Free Member

Carol on BBC now saying no snow for here!

Just been out and its warmer than of late, -1 atm.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think Birmingham is getting it all today.

Jase
    Free Member

Snow now falling – I’ll forgive Carol though!

robbo1234biking

Just came over us in Ampthill seems to be easing now but think it came from the east and is heading west. Roads are coping but slow as to be expected at rushhour really! You might want to leave it another hour before heading down

Jase
    Free Member

Now a blizzard!

Jamie
    Free Member

Heh….And now back to Jase in the STW Weather Copter 😉

Blizzards you say? Hmmm. Thinking if the weather is going to be this unpredictable then it might be best left till after Christmas.

Jase
    Free Member

About 2 inches has now fallen with no signs of it stopping – I’m gonna have to ground the copter and head for the turbo in the garage

Jamie
    Free Member

So In your expansive weatherman experience Jase, would you say not bother?

Jase
    Free Member

I’d imagine the trails won’t be too bad to ride, the issue will be the roads which weren’t great before the snow today. The A421 from J13 of the m1 was backed up to the centre of MK on monday.

I wouldn’t bother

Jamie
    Free Member

Cheers Jase. Will Just go for a local from the door ride today I think, then hit Woburn after Christmas.

Stand down soldier, you done some good work today 😉

Teapot
    Free Member

Been snowing heavily in MK for the past hour now…

Jamie
    Free Member

It has just hit P’boro now…

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Woburn Conditions?’ is closed to new replies.