Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Wobble in superstar switch evo front hub
  • pinch_flat
    Free Member

So I have recently put some new forks on my bike and instead of running a 10mm through axle quick release I’m now running a 20mm maxle. Now here is the problem, with the wheel bolted in to the forks with everything secured I get distinct wobble- about 1mm at the hub and obviously more at the rim. Now I have had a look at the hub and the bearings feel fine and don’t have any wobble. I believe the problem is the end caps and adapters are the problem- is it possible that I have worn out the end caps? The gap between the end caps and the axle seems to more than the rest of the system. Anyone had a similar problem, got any tips?

pinch_flat
    Free Member

BUMP

mudsoul
    Free Member

Manitou Hexlock thru axle by any chance? If yes, there is a particular way of doing it up which If done wrong will result in very noticeable play.

nach
    Free Member

Mine had play, at first I thought it might be the end caps but it was because the bearings had gone. They didn’t feel like it if I took the wheel off and moved them with my finger, but they had.

Going by the amount of play, sounds like the problem might be a little worse in your case though.

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Yeah I assumed the bearings had gone but examining each component individually and using the axle as a lever the bearings seemed ok, not perfect but pretty good. The end caps on the other had seemed to have quite a gap but i can’t see how the gap could develop in a stationery part?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Wobble in superstar switch evo front hub’ is closed to new replies.