Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Withdrawal of redundancy . . . ?
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

wtf

waiting for the letter to explain all, thought I was done for here, now apparently they can’t do without me, had a week and bit left before I was due to leave?

Now I stay (already told them I want more money), or leave without redundancy package . . .

grrrrr

Anyone experienced this?

Junkyard
    Free Member

It depends on what has been said in writing iirc and the process used.
    It can usually be withdrawn if voluntary or the situation changes by either party. You may be able to hold them to redundancy but I very much doubt it as they will just claim they reorganised – they many need to do another process though.
    I think you will be hard pushed to prove discrimination/constructive dismissal if they are offering the same job and T & C tbh.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My wife had this sort of situation – she was unfairly dismissed (incorrect process, was told that ‘as she was pregnant they assumed she would be leaving anyway’ – no really).

We assumed a compensation claim would be honoured but then they told her they had sacked her boss and were offering her the job back – if she didn’t accept it she couldn’t claim unfair dismissal either.

Fortunately they were actually okay about it (when she said she felt unable to go back to the office after going though all this – including her colleagues being shown the scoring matrix they made up in order to justify her selection – and she got a very enhanced redundancy package which wasn’t far off what she would have got through the courts but without the stress of doing it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Withdrawal of redundancy . . . ?’ is closed to new replies.