Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Wiring up a new hob
  • juanking

Morning folks, today’s DIY question is on electrics…

The hob at home has just stopped working so Mrs King procured a replacement. Unfortunately no spark in Aberdeen seems to be interested in coming out for such a small job so thought I’d have a crack myself.

The old hob and new hob are both hardwired connections with similar power draws and the existing hardwired cable is a big think chunky black flex. I would only have a single live so presume 1N is the diagram to follow

When I open the connection cover on the new hob I see this:
    As is

So I presuming I need to use the small bridge connectors (upper right) to connect up 1&2&3 then wiring in the Live to 3, Neutral to 4&5 and then of course Earth bottom left.

So with the bridge connectors in place it would look similar to this:
    Live Bridge Connectors

Just want to double check whilst I’m modifying the worktop hole.

Cheers

MrOvershoot

I would say you have it right, and yes I am a qualified electrician, mostly industrial these days so to me L1,L2,L3 are 3 phase.
    But I doubt you have a 3 phase hob 😉

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

In Europe, Switz for sure a lot of kitchen kit is 3 Phase, hence the wiring block. just bridge them over as you’ve described. I’m a prof Kitchen fitter so see it a lot.

juanking

Cheers chaps. Managed to confirm with a sparky mate and now have it all connected up and working fine. Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Wiring up a new hob’ is closed to new replies.