Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • wireless transmitter 'pooter thingy
  • RustyNissanPrairie

okay one for the I.T. crowd, virgin broadband via a wireless router downstairs but the signal strength isnt high enough for all areas of the house, have a pc upstairs which is connected via cat5 cable to the router downstairs as I couldnt be bothered faffing around. Is there anything I can use with the pc that will transmit/extend the network? has to be simple to install as i hate messing with wireless networks/settings.

ta in advance

IanMunro
    Free Member

A colleauge at work gave me a Belkin Wireless G universal range extender on Friday which is meant to do exactly this. I haven't tried it yet, but a quick look on amazon suggests this isn't for you if you hate messing around with network settings 🙂

sparkerfix

How about those adaptors that work via the ring main?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=46494&C=Froogle&U=46494&T=Module

For example

RustyNissanPrairie

just been looking at the Devolo plug things which look ideal apart from the fact I hate spending money on pc pap more than buggering around wireless settings/networks. any other ideas?

RustyNissanPrairie

just been looking at the Devolo plug things which look ideal apart from the fact I hate spending money on pc pap more than buggering around wireless settings/networks. any other ideas?

RustyNissanPrairie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘wireless transmitter 'pooter thingy’ is closed to new replies.