Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wireless security cameras/IP cameras & DVR kits
  • Stoner
    Free Member

After a couple of “incidents” on the pitch at my local Rugby Club that were missed by the Ref, and for which there’s no evidence for citing, I made a passing comment that maybe installing a set of wireless cameras on the floodlight masts (where there’s power, but not CAT5) and recording matches on a DVR/Cloud system behind the bar in the clubhouse might not cost a fortune and with a decent 720p system and 4 or 6 cameras should provide sufficient detail to back up any claims to the RFU/WRFU.

This was overheard by management and now they’re asking more on feasibility & costs. I havent a clue, and really it needs to be done by a security camera co., but failing that you lot will do.

So what can you recommend? What spec cameras? What wireless systems? The Foscam site is annoying and useless, the Swann one is little better. Something where I can get an idea for pricing would be useful (6x wireless 720p cameras, a 1TB DVR, maybe cloud service etc)

stumpy01

Isn’t this the sort of thing that ton does or used to do as a living..?

I think he’ll be able to advise.

As an aside, I’ve just bought a DC power extension cable from this lot.

https://www.spycameracctv.com/

They might have something work looking at?

ourmaninthenorth

Assume you’re carefully considering the implications of recording the match/individuals and how that might play out in terms of storing/processing the recordings and also any impacts on any citing (and potential legal stuff if anything is serious enough for referral to legal people/police)?

Stoner
    Free Member

Legal implications will be checked but in itself there is little controversial about recording matches if everyone knows that it is happening. To a point it’s expected as WRFU requested video evidence to go with the citing.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’ll be interesting to see what the refs think of it, every chance you’ll get a hoof in the slats….

ourmaninthenorth

Sensible approach. However, I can;t help but think that, to become “admissible” in the eyes of the WRFU (never mind lawyers etc.) you might end up having to spec up quite a lot.

This just isn;t an area of expertise of mine (the legal side, I mean), but my lawyer’s spidey senses are twitching at the faff of doing this, making sure consent is obtained appropriately, etc. Not to mention the sense that thuggery may not happen at your pitch but then your club sides get double when playing away..!

Interesting it’s effectively come at the union’s request, rather than being a “hey, let’s spend the club’s reserves on technology”..!

Stoner
    Free Member

one of the “incidents” is in the hands of the Rozzers. Off the ball haymaker. Recording for training purposes and for discipline is not out of the ordinary.

http://www.englandrugby.com/mm/Document/Governance/Regulations/01/30/35/23/RFU_Regulation_19_appendix_4_Neutral.pdf

The citing must be….Accompanied by any match footage that the complainant intends to adduce in support of the citing;

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Isn’t that all part of the ‘Gentleman’s sport’? 😆

Stoner
    Free Member

It was a welsh side 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wireless security cameras/IP cameras & DVR kits’ is closed to new replies.