Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Wireless home printer recommendations please!
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Hi
    I need a new printer, must be pretty compact and wireless, only occasional use. Photo printing is not essential but would be nice as an option, cost £100 or less. One that the ink doesn’t dry up and need purging all the time like my old epsom would be nice!

Ta

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’ve been happy with my HP Photosmart. I’ve had no connection problems and despite very infrequent use it still prints when I ask it to. Both Lexmark and Epsom have given me ink problems in the past because I don’t print often enough to keep the ink flowing. My experience may be out of date as I’ve had the HP for two years now.

singletracked
    Free Member

I have the Photosmart eStation, it is very heavy on ink usage. even with the XL cartridges

geordiemick00
    Free Member

i’ve got an HP photosmart 5210 and it;s spot on. Prints wireless from three different computers, fits on top of a unit the size of a bedside cabinet and the refillable cartridges I use never give me any hassle at all. Been really impressed with it’s three years of faultless service.

ampthill

I have a huge HP a6500

expensive to buy but cheap to run

adam_h
    Free Member

HP Photosmart here too, got it on offer last year, very happy with it, no problems with wireless. Think I’ve got a 5510, with the scanner on top and a small touchscreen. I’d imagine the more compact ones would perform just as well.

stumpyjon

I bought an HP7500a,it’s abit above your budget @ £140, but factor in running costs. I’d got sick of £70 printers (which still isn’t cheap) taking ages to print and going through expensive cratridges with very little ink in them. The 7500 will do A3, has a built in document feeder for the scanner which is neat and was dead easy to setup wirelessly.

Nick

I just got an HP Photosmart 6520e to replace a frankly awful Epson thing, I get a big discount which meant I only paid £70, but can be had for £104 from Amazon.

Prints double sided and has a seperate photo paper hopper. I think it’s pretty compact considering all this.

superfli
    Free Member

I use mine as disposable. Buy a £20 one from PC world and dispose when its empty.cheaper than new cartridges and last 3 I have bought replacements for haven’t printed correctly after (both orig and non orig)

singletracked
    Free Member

But the cartridges you get with them are only start up cartridges, so difficult to comapre to cartridge price

Dunno, but just don’t buy a Lexmark.

superfli
    Free Member

Yeah,only 2/3 full, but I don’t want to take the risk of wasting money on new ink when a replacement works out similar price.

freddyg
    Free Member

If you have an ipad/phone thing, you may want to consider getting an airprint compatible printer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Wireless home printer recommendations please!’ is closed to new replies.