• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Wireless doorbells – why does mine keep gong off?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

It went off at about 3am in the rain, again at about 5am. I sealed it with silicone and it has just done it again in the dry.

WHY?

I want to sleep tonoght

allthepies
    Free Member

Someone at the door ?

IGMC

IanW
    Free Member

Someone’s pressing it?

Edit: two of us, must be right!

MoreCashThanDash

Was called cherry knocking when I did it was a lad!

toppers3933
    Free Member

Solution

stumpy01

The key fob for my Wife’s Peugeot used to set off the neighbour’s door bell.

Was quite inconvenient when she was doing night shifts!

chewkw
    Free Member

Mine simply died on me … useless shite as it’s not weather proof.

toppers3933
    Free Member

We had one from b&q. Total crap and wasn’t cheap either. They refused when I tried to return it. Used to send the dog mental at 3 in the morning. Whole house was woken up. Threw it in the bin. People can knock on the door. Seems to be working ok.

wombat

Our food processor used to set ours off, was anyone making a smoothie at the time?

project
    Free Member

fitted a few of these for customers, they mostly work on same frequencies, so if a neighbour has one it may well ring your bell as well.

kids also nick the buton batteries from the bell push

unklehomered
    Free Member

Ours does it when the button gets stuck pushed in. And also at other random times… They’re like that, cheapo wireless things. We used to have a garage door that would open during the day when we were out. Local sparky said it was taxi radios. We’d come home to find all the bikes on display to all the world. Switched it off. Used a padlock instead.

DT78
    Free Member

Definitely a ghost. They open doors too.

garage-dweller

Vw car keys used to set our b and q one off. Two different ones in the street at one point.

joat

Careful now, stumbling in the dark with your reputation. Knockers are better to look at.

jon1973
    Free Member

Most of them allow you to change the frequency, so you could try that.

PiknMix
    Free Member

My grandads used to get set off by his neighbours being pressed, it drove the poor chap bananas.

scotroutes

A big boy done it and ran away?

scotroutes

Well, I suppose that once every 4 hours would be an improvement….

JoeG
    Free Member

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Wireless doorbells – why does mine keep gong off?’ is closed to new replies.