Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wiper blades
  • eth3er
    Free Member

I bought a set from Halfrauds, been squeaking but working for a couple of months then suddenly it’s like they are smearing Vaseline® Sheer Infusion™ on my windscreen.
    Need them off my car as soon as possible really.
    Who makes and where can I buy decent set?

4ndyB
    Free Member

Bosch from any motor factors

jonny-m
    Free Member

mines been squeeking for months and shudders accross the windscreen making a right noise. i went to but another one and they only sold them in pairs and they were £40.!!!

couldnt do it.

so tried to clean it with a little vinegar as advised by a local garage, which didnt really work. still squeeking but cant part with fourty quid for a bit of rubber so im gona put up with it until i come into some money!

any other top tips to sorting out the squeeks?

CountZero

‘Cos it’s been pretty dry and sunny for quite a while it’s UV causing the rubber to perish. Mine do the same because the car’s sat outside for most of the week unused, so the blades just go shonky. Going to get the next set from the pound shop, they can’t be much worse.

fivespot
    Free Member

Bosch here too 😉

spooky_b329

If you have the old style metal wipers, you can get flat blade replacements on ebay for much cheapness. They are much better, quieter and smoother, no chatter, and they last longer as there is constant pressure along the blade, rather than the pressure points caused by the metal type.

I’ve changed to the flat type on my last three cars. I have seen them in a couple of Tesco’s as well.

Just watch out if you have wiper mounted washer tubes, when I bought my van blades there was only one seller that sold them with washers attached.

fadda

Jonny – that’ll be the angle, as much as anything.

Just twist the arm until the blade is perpendicular to the screen and the judder will stop!

U31
    Free Member

Like Brakes, buy the best wipers you can afford. I have been Über skint of late, and needed all 3 when they all cleared the screens well enough but the din was driving me insane, so i just bought them in single packs at 1 a week in order of importance, Drivers, rear then pasenger..

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Tescos do half decent ones for a fiver each in most common sizes. Mine are lasting ok so far.

shadthebad
    Free Member

MIXRA Traffic Film Remover solves the slime/judder issue.

Wiper blades for my VW are about £8 each from the main dealer.

slackman99
    Free Member

If you don’t mind spending the money, PIAA silicone blades are good. Every time they wipe they leave a bit of silicone on the screen which helps the water bead off.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wiper blades’ is closed to new replies.