Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • winter/grim weather legwear
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

After persevering through last autumn/winter/spring commuting and MTBing wearing altura attack shorts over DHB bib 3/4s or cheapo aldi winter tights for the worst of the weather, but usually just shorts and endura knee warmers, i think i’ve decided i need to get a pair of trousers for this year for the very worst days. I’m undecided on whether i want to get full on waterproof overtrousers, or just some decent quality weather resistant ones that breathe a bit better though. my commute isn’t far (8 mile round trip, thereabouts) so to be honest overheating isn’t really an issue, but since ideally i want one pair for both this and MTB rides then i dunno what would work best.
    options are things like endura singletracks, maybe some of the gore offerings, dhb minima overtrousers etc (not tights though, i don’t do well in public wearing lycra as an outer layer!)
    what do you lot reccommend?

franksinatra

I’ve got some Berghaus waterproof cycling trousers and I’ve often wondered why more people don’t use similar. I have a similar length commute and arrive dry and comfortable. I wear thin Ron hills under them and in worst of the winter will wear thicker Ron’s.

I wear them off road as well.

I did get a pair of weatherproof Singletrack trousers but sent them back as seemed the worst of all worlds. In cold I wear shorts with Gore leg warmers, in foul wet I wear waterproofs.

Seems a no brainer to me. it is immensely satisfying riding in foul weather but still being comfortable and dry.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘winter/grim weather legwear’ is closed to new replies.