Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Winter tyres (!!) – Specialized S-Works 2Bliss Sauserwind 1.8?
  • bennyboy1
    Free Member

Anyone on here have any experience of using Specialized S-Works Sauserwind's during winter / muddy & wet conditions?

Was thinking of giving them a go as my winter rubber, possibly even xc race tyres – seemed to get a very good review in MBR / What MTB a couple of months back due to skinny nature, good cornering and very fast rolling speed but wanted more views from on 'ere if poss.

Ta.

tankslapper
    Free Member

No experience of the Sauserwind but we use Bonty Mud x's here and find them remarkably fast. Someone posted the results from a German mountain bike magazine tyre test – which included Michelin Mud specific tyres which beat all else in rolling resistance tests. I remember commenting at the time that its a pity our British magazines don't look at rr in tyre tests.
    Click here for results!

Hope this helps?

Huxley555
    Free Member

I know someone who has a pair and loves them to bits, tyres are incredibly personal, i hate small block eights while most rave about them

For me winter hack tyres it's bonty mud x for gloopy conditions or generally 2.10 excavator dtc back 2.20 telonix dtc up front, fantastic combo, the excavator with tons of climbing grip and the telonix nice and agile for it's size yet grip is near boundless.

Nobby nics for racing every time but they wear fast anyway.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Anyone else used these tyres?

Andinio
    Free Member

I've got a new pair for sale in case you're interested. I've never tried them so I can't comment on performance. I bought them as I was planning to ride the South Downs Way.

pics: http://gallery.me.com/andrewcrichardson#100056

£30 the pair delivered

Andinio
    Free Member

off, sold

househusband

I've been using the Storm Control 2Bliss on the rear of the hardtail over winter, and it has been surprisingly capable – I particularly like the compound.

Wally

I run a pair, very grippy, fast and narrow.
    Fab on the back in complete forest slop, never slipped. On front has less grip. I would suggest it is a Autumn / spring tyre , so ideal for now then.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I've been using the Storm Control 2Bliss on the rear of the hardtail over winter, and it has been surprisingly capable – I particularly like the compound.

I'm using those front and back on my Enduro this winter (and on my Soul before that) and have been impressed by them. They're also pretty cheap.

scottishbadger
    Free Member

I raced on mine on Saturday. Front tends to wash out on roots, back is pretty decent. Wouldn't say they were a mud tire though – I tend to use Mud X's for sloppy conditions.

They do roll nicely though. Not sure about the cornering quality.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Winter tyres (!!) – Specialized S-Works 2Bliss Sauserwind 1.8?’ is closed to new replies.