Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Winter tyres have been on for nearly 5 months!
  • andy8442
    Free Member

Winter tyres have been on for nearly 5 months! What is going on with the weather? And I’m spending too much time staring at the back of my garage door on my turbo trainer! When is spring coming?

smogmonster

Its all my fault im afraid..i took the mudguards off the roadbike when (cough) ‘spring’ arrived a few weeks back. 😳

beinbhan

Glad you fessed up smog thought it was my fault for doing the same 😯

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted a new mud guard to one of my bikes. Weather should get better soon.

Sandwich

Trailraker just gone on the back wheel, so bright sunshine and bonehard trails due any day soon. Then I’ll stick the race kings on and it will all go to pooh again.

avdave2

Winter tyres stay on my rigid bike all year round and I think it probably did more miles than my hardtail last summer!

superfli
    Free Member

Very depressing isnt it. Mine went on early Nov, and I cant see them coming off for a long time yet.
    Last year my summer motorbike gloves were only used mid May – Sept, thats awful!

Still it means I dont keep buying new tyres to change things. MudX/Storm on HT, Swampy/Datura on FS and its been like that for some time (HT 3 years now). I just accept that they slide sometimes, whereas in the summer it must be the tyres fault/must get faster rolling tyres etc!

andy8442
    Free Member

Sorry I mean the winter tyres on my car!

RustySpanner

Had a Crossmark on the back all winter.

No problems at all! Bit interesting on muddy downhills though.

geoffj

Supposed to be -10 tonight – FFS!

Really really bored with this. With my job I can work anywhere within 2 hours flight time to London – seriously time to consider somewhere in southern europe or CH.

will
    Free Member

Well I haven’t actually taken my summer tyres off. Still running race kings, and have been all winter.

Although I have only riden the MTB twice this year 😆

prettygreenparrot

‘winter tyres’. I can barely afford regular ones 🙁

giantx4
    Free Member

Discusted with the weather i am…

chriswilk
    Free Member

winter tyres on the car are ussually on for at least 6 months here.
    The cut off temperature for improved performance is something like 7C, with no real degredation below about 15C.
    Living in Scotland, maybe I should just leave them on all year

scotroutes

That’s my current thought – or just get some 4-season tyres for the van.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Winter tyres have been on for nearly 5 months!’ is closed to new replies.